Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: BBC 2016 - Casting Info.  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Magic-Rabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
BBC 2016 - Casting Info.
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2018, 10:41:03 PM »
Hopefully the series can help repair Lee Ingleby's reputation on kids TV.

Even though he barely had any on the kids T.V market to begin with.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
BBC 2016 - Casting Info.
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2018, 09:25:26 PM »
So Peter Capaldi is credited on Wikipedia as Kehaar.
LOL.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
BBC 2016 - Casting Info.
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2018, 12:36:16 AM »
I honestly have doubts about this, since the edit was made by an unregistered user who had one of their edits reverted as vandalism.  Also, no references mention this, and IMDb still lists Kim Bodnia.

The same unregistered user also added Taron Egerton as El-Ahrairah, Rosamund Pike as the Black Rabbit and Sam Redford as Man.  I wouldn't trust this, but hopefully there will be several El-ahrairah stories in the miniseries...
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
BBC 2016 - Casting Info.
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2018, 09:45:35 PM »
I do love how Sam Redford is credited as "Man" and no one specifically like if you don't know who it is just credit them as a "Man".

No need for context.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
BBC 2016 - Casting Info.
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2018, 04:38:39 PM »
The same anonymous user who added Peter Capaldi as Kehaar to Wikipedia, has removed this entry from the cast list.  All other new names remain.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
BBC 2016 - Casting Info.
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2018, 12:59:37 PM »
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:00:36 PM by Acacia Heartstrings »
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
BBC 2016 - Casting Info.
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2018, 01:01:23 PM »
Quote from: Chipster-roo on Mar 9 2018, 07:36:16 PM
I honestly have doubts about this, since the edit was made by an unregistered user who had one of their edits reverted as vandalism.  Also, no references mention this, and IMDb still lists Kim Bodnia.

The same unregistered user also added Taron Egerton as El-Ahrairah, Rosamund Pike as the Black Rabbit and Sam Redford as Man.  I wouldn't trust this, but hopefully there will be several El-ahrairah stories in the miniseries...
Only time will tell if it is false, although it may be that it is an anonymous person. In any case I would like this production to be ready at least by the end of this year. Richard Adamas liked to see him before he died, to rest in peace.
Hopefully the WD production will not have problems. The prince rabbit protects us.  :hazel    :frith  :el-ahrairah  :el-ahrairah
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
BBC 2016 - Casting Info.
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2018, 01:49:07 AM »
Quote from: Acacia Heartstrings on Mar 15 2018, 09:01:23 AM
Quote from: Chipster-roo on Mar 9 2018, 07:36:16 PM

Only time will tell if it is false, although it may be that it is an anonymous person. In any case I would like this production to be ready at least by the end of this year. Richard Adamas liked to see him before he died, to rest in peace.
Hopefully the WD production will not have problems. The prince rabbit protects us.  :hazel    :frith  :el-ahrairah  :el-ahrairah
Quote from: Quote:on 
Hopefully the WD production will not have problems.

I hope so as well Acacia but I can't help but feel a bit of betrayal to the fan base who love the 1978 film  :woundwort