Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Vesper's Photograph Archive  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Vesper's Photograph Archive
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2018, 04:11:13 AM »
Hallo, my dear friends. I thought I revive my Forum here a bit for a number of photos I had taken in today's road trip. I apologize for not being around as much as I would be, my dear friends. *Apologetic Nuzzles*
Before I upload these new Photos, I do actually have to explain a bit here and there so you won't be confused, Background information as you would call it.

The Waco siege was the siege of a compound belonging to the group Branch Davidians by American federal and Texas state law enforcement, as well as the U.S. military, between February 28 and April 19, 1993. The Branch Davidians, a sect that separated in 1955 from the Seventh-day Adventist Church, was led by David Koresh and was headquartered at Mount Carmel Center ranch in the community of Axtell, Texas, 13 miles (21 kilometers) east-northeast of Waco. The group was suspected of weapons violations, causing a search and arrest warrant to be obtained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF).

The incident began when the ATF attempted to raid the ranch. An intense gun battle erupted, resulting in the deaths of four government agents and six Branch Davidians. Upon the ATF's failure to raid the compound, a siege was initiated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the standoff lasting 51 days. Eventually, the FBI launched an assault and initiated a tear gas attack in an attempt to force the Branch Davidians out of the ranch. During the attack, a fire engulfed Mount Carmel Center. In total, 76 people died, including David Koresh.

Much dispute remains as to the actual events of the siege. A particular controversy ensued over the origin of the fire; an internal Justice Department investigation concluded in 2000 that sect members had started the fire. The events near Waco, and the siege at Ruby Ridge less than twelve months earlier, were both cited as the primary motivations behind the Oklahoma City bombing that took place exactly two years later.

(Yes, I did indeed Copy and pasted from Wikipedia though it does sum it up better than how I would have done so please forgive me for this, Not all the things mention above may be true.)

This is Mount Carmel, Before.

The 51st day of the Siege

Burned Remains

Layout

I mostly found out about this from the new series, Waco (2018) and I had then gotten really interested in it so I did my research, watched numerous documentaries, Etc.  such as Waco: A New Revelation. I advise those who wish to dive into this to consider watching it or at least do your own research on it for it is a very interesting piece of history that turned to such tragedy.

May those who had passed away in the Waco Siege of Mount Carmel in 1993 Rest in Peace and hopefully, Humanity has learned it's lesson from it's most darkest moment that stained the sky black with smoke.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:48:02 AM by Vesper »
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2018, 04:35:23 AM »
After 2 weeks after the burning, the FBI Cleaned and flatten the Area so not much is left to be seen. It's been 25 years since it happens and I and my dad decided to visit it for the first time. It was literally in the middle of nowhere, but we got there and here are my photos.

Memorial (Before I left, I put another stone there in respect for the victims.

The pool.

The Bunkers

The Bus

One of the Tunnels that led to the bunkers.

The Church to the left was resurrected above the foundations of Mount Carmel after the Siege by a fellow Branch Davidian. Past the van above is the house where ATF Agents surveyed and spied on the compund before the raid.

More Bunker

A piece of Biblical Scripture that reference the Siege and the Burning.

A memorial for the Oklahoma City Bombing Victims that happened on the one-year anniversary of the Siege and a memorial for the ATF Agents killed. I put a penny for them as well out of respect.

Ok, this last one is a particularly interesting one. As We drove into the area, the White Lab dog was barking at us but walked away a bit and just hung around the area. He seemed an old one and was very calm in his pace and eventually made his way towards us. I thought he was going to hurt us and had my Pepper spay ready, though he just sniffed us both and calmly inspected us and lets us go as he let us walked the property. I felt as though he was watching the area in making sure people were not being disrespectful to the remains of the Siege as he walked around the area and glanced at us every now and then.

[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2018, 07:49:12 PM »
These are some nice photographs :) The dog is especially fascinating.

These events are rather sad though :( Hopefully humanity will learn from the mistakes of the past to prevent things like this from happening again...
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2018, 12:40:28 AM »
Aww. Thanks, dear. :D *Nuzzles*

I sure do hope so dear, though we have remembered to recognize our mistakes and improve from them in order to move forward...

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2018, 08:44:41 AM »
Today is April 19, 2018. The 25 Anniversary Day 51 of The Waco Siege of 1993 in where 76 people would die or be killed in the Final CS Gas Assault by the FBI. It started around 6 Am when Tanks began breaking the walls of Mount Carmel and pumped Mount Carmel with Deadly CS Gas mixed with the Flammable Methylene chloride and FBI fired Feret round of CS into the building for 6 hours before a fire broke out at around Noon and would destroy the Building with 9-11 survived the fire. It is highly debated day among the siege of what really happened, and controversial. The Media was only allowed to capture two miles from the front of Mount Carmel while a Media Blackout in the back of it. The fire was broadcasted live around the world and Fire trucks were not allowed to stop the fire as FBI agents told them they would be shot at as the complex was allowed to burn to the ground.
(I would post this here because it already has info above) May all who perish in the Siege hopefully rest in peace and may all that do live receive Justice, one way or another.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:15:05 AM by Vesper »