Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Mafia! II  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« on: November 03, 2016, 03:04:30 PM »
Hello everyone.  The last game of Mafia we had here was fun, so here is a new one.
If you're not familiar with Mafia, here are the rules, copy/pasted from Crackers:

Mafia is a game in which one side, the Mafia is trying to kill all the Innocents until there are none left. However, the goal of the Innocents is to identify and execute the Mafia by voting them out. There are two stages of Mafia, Day, and Night. At nighttime, the Mafia choose one player to kill, but in the daytime all of the players find out who died the night before and the eliminated player's role, and vote for who they think is the Mafia, and may try to convince each other who is the Mafia, and who isn't. The person with the most votes is eliminated, and their role is revealed. This happens again and again until all of the Innocents are dead, or all the Mafia is executed.

There other some other roles, too.

The Doctor- an Innocent which each night, after the Mafia chooses who they will kill, they try to predict who was killed by the Mafia,  and whoever they pick is granted immunity from the Mafia that night. (The Doctor can choose himself, but cannot choose any player twice in a row).

The Detective- another Innocent that after the Mafia chooses their victim, can investigate a player who they suspect is the mafia, and the moderator will say if they are or not.

The Cupid- again, another Innocent that in the beginning of the game, chooses two "Lovers", who, if one of the "Lovers" die, the other will also die.  This role will not be used unless we get at least nine players (which we probably won't).

We need at least 5 players to get started, but the more the better.

However, depending on the number of players we get, we could try a more simple layout, suggested by Bright Side.  In this alternate layout, there is a single day phase; if we vote out a mafia, the innocents wins, but if we vote out an innocent, the mafia wins.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions or anything.

Players:
1. Chibiscuit
2. Vesper
3. Bright Side
4. Crackers
5. Soren

Sign-ups are now closed.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:36:26 AM by Chipster-roo »
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Hawkbit
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 04:12:26 PM »
Yes, another game! Count me in! :)
~ Join the WSD Community Read! ~
The more, the merrier^^

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:20:01 PM »
:silverweed3 Me too for I feel a little mystery in the as the Trees of November Tremble with fear;)
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Bright Side
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 09:55:42 PM »
Bright has entered the game! :D

Thank you, Chipster, for hosting this :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:56:05 PM by Bright Side »
Thank you to Chipster-roo for the avatar!

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 10:01:05 PM »
Yeah!!!!!
Forget to thank you Chipster-roo for Hosting Mafia 2, Sorry about that.
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 11:18:24 PM »
Thank you Brighty, Vesper :)

It's nice to see we already have three players.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Offline Crackers

• Dancer
  • Junior Owsla
  • Hawkbit
  • TICK TOCK ON THE BIG CLOCK!
    • Show only replies by Crackers
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 10:49:21 PM »
Yaaayyy! I wanna play! ;D Thanks, Chip!
Kitties are shaped like friends ~ A close friend

Offline Soren

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Soren
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 05:50:47 AM »
If this is still happening, I'll be glad to join!
"We'll carry on,
We'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on
We'll carry on
And in my heart I can't contain it
The anthem won't explain it."
Welcome to the Black Parade, My Chemical Romance

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 06:09:50 PM »
Yes, Soren, this is still happening!  Thanks for joining.

We now have five players, the minimum required to get started.  However, Brighty is currently absent due to real life problems (I hope she will be fine...), so we won't start now.  Sign-ups will remain open until her return in case anyone else wants to join.

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 08:11:41 PM »
Quote from: Quote:on 
Brighty is currently absent due to real life problems (I hope she will be fine...

Have Faith and do not worry my dear Chipster-roo, she will be alright. I have faith she will overcome her challenges and accomplish her endeavors. I admire how you care for her too.^^
*Hugs*

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 09:30:55 PM »
Thanks Vesper.  I hope you're right...

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Bright Side
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 12:16:43 AM »
Thank you both for your kind words :) Things have gotten a little better.

I'm ready to start, and in fact am looking forward to it :D

Chipster, I recommend https://www.random.org/lists/ to do the roles.
Thank you to Chipster-roo for the avatar!

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 12:21:17 AM »
That's good to hear, Brighty.  And thanks for the link.  I'll use it for the roles.

Sign-ups will close 24 hours from now, so if you didn't join already, now is your last chance to do so.  Around this time tomorrow, I will send out the role PMs.

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 03:20:39 PM »
I wonder if this it's coincidental that I'm now currently reading the story of The Murder of the Orient Express,

in which a detective has the to find the killer onboard a train trapped in a snow drift and the killer is one of the passengers before they strike again. That could help you, my dear friend, if you need inspiration on a setting for the game. Thanks Brighty for the link, now this will be up to the universe to decide our fate, and Chipster-roo.^^ Good Luck to all of you and I am Looking forward indeed to playing with all of you once more for I know it will be quite intriguingly fun.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:27:53 PM by Vesper »

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Mafia! II
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 12:36:01 AM »
Sign-ups are now closed.

We're going to try out the "quick mafia" layout Brighty suggested.  There will be two mafia and three innocents, and only one vote.  If you all vote out a mafia, the innocents win, but if you vote out an innocent, the mafia wins.

I'm sending out PMs now.

Thanks for the suggestion, Vesper.  I'll keep it in mind.  The story should be up at some point tomorrow.