Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 401 times)

Offline singhcr

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by singhcr
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Hello!
« on: March 07, 2017, 02:41:39 PM »
Hi there,

I joined this forum after being invited by Silverweed's Claws. I was very active on a Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers forum for a few years until I came out as gay and found out I would be banned by the moderators if I was open about who I was. It really broke my heart as I had many friends there but couldn't stand to post in a place that was so openly hostile towards me. But thankfully I had a friend who steered me here and reassured me that I could be myself.

I am a mechanical engineer by trade, which means I am fascinated with technology. I am also a huge fan of animation, especially the traditional methods with hand painted cels, backgrounds, and shooting on film with an animation table. From an artistic side, I love how animation allows one to literally create a whole world from your imagination. I have rediscovered my love of cartoons in my thirties. Recently I also started drawing for the first time, and my passion for technology and artistry means I get a lot of pleasure and enjoyment from learning as much as I can about how these cartoons were made and all of the hard work that goes into it.

Art is something that I had ignored all of my life and at 33 am now just getting into. So I hope to start up my animation cel project once again and share some of my older work here too.
Engineer by day, artist by night.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 02:46:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum singhcr!  I hope you will enjoy it here.

I'll be looing forward to seeing you post your drawings, and your animation cel project sounds intereting :)
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Hello!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 03:11:30 PM »
Welcome friend!. I hope you can be more at ease with this place full of rabbits, it is generally very quiet.
And very well for you and your work as an engineer, I also love the traditional animation. Much more than computer animation.

I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline singhcr

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 03:37:36 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome! Less controversy and more fun would be a nice change of pace :)

Offline Leo-rah

• Efrafan
  • Dandelion
  • Sun on my fur, birds in the sky, hip hip hooray!
    • Show only replies by Leo-rah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watershipdowntv
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Hello!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 04:01:48 PM »
Welcome to FHC, singhcr! :)

So happy to see so many new faces, joining our cozy, little warren. x3
What a strange forum, being unfriendly to its members, just for love's sake. o.O
Being who you are, is here absolutely nothing to worry about, I haven't been banned for being gay myself, so far, heh.  :blackberry3

So once again: Welcome! And I'm also looking forward for your future sharings here!  :bigwig3
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:03:00 PM by Leo-rah »
Quote from: Leo-rah
I love that buck.
 I love him more than weasels love blood and meat.

Offline Claws

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • Show only replies by Claws
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • I speak:
Hello!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 04:23:29 PM »
Sign! How happy I'm to see you around here, mate! I was SO looking forward to this :)

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Hello!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 03:10:12 AM »
:silverweed3 Hallo, Singhcr. :)
Welcome to our Warren and Community of Fiver's Honeycomb.
I hope you will find yourself more comfortable here with being who you are and sharing your passion with the Honeycomb. It's cool to see your passion and love for animation, especially traditional animation. Personally, I've admired the traditional animation work of Hayou Miyazaki over at Studio Ghibli, I recommend checking him out and the type of groundbreaking work he does in the animation community among others like him such Don Bluth. Hayou Miyazaki- The Essence of Humanity
I encourage you to follow your passion for as along as you do that, success will surely follow after you and the best part of it is the Fulfillment you feel afterward with your passion for it is a feeling that is so rare yet awesome for doing what you love is surely worth the effort, my dear friend, I promise. :)  :silverweed

I wish you the Best of El-ahrairah's luck and wishes be with you Sign.
And remember that:
Love is Kind,
 Love is Louder,
Love is Patient,
Love is Unconditional,
Love is Many things,
it's Everything
yet most of all,
 :frith Love is Love. :frith
Do not take pity on yourself for Loving, only take pity on those who live without love.
:D  :wub
*Tackle-hugs with a Nuzzle*
 :silverweed Ciao. :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:11:56 AM by Vesper »
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Hello!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »
Welcome to our warren, singhcr. Have fun here! :)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Carnation264

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Carnation264
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Hello!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 06:58:30 PM »
Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb, Singhcr. :) I hope you have a great time here and that you feel very comfortable. It's good to have and to be in a place to be yourself, to be who you are and have fun.
Too much art in paws

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Bright Side
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Hello!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 01:06:01 AM »
Hello, Singhcr! No worries - you're more than welcome at the Honeycomb.

Have a great time here, and feel free to reach out if you need anything :)
Thank you to Chipster-roo for the avatar!

Offline singhcr

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 03:49:13 PM »
Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

Vesper, my friend, I especially love your phrase of "Do not take pity on yourself for Loving, only take pity on those who live without love." That is very true and it is something I will do my best to remember every day. *Nuzzles you back*

I am a huge  Miyazaki fan as well. Princess Mononoke is one of my favorite films. From a pure artistry standpoint Akira remains my go-to example of traditional animation at its finest. I remember it fondly for introducing me to the world of anime about twenty years ago, and being literally breathless at the end due to its fantastic, larger than life experience and story. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend the Blu-ray. It looks like a film print and has gorgeous detail, rich color, and sharp, well resolved film grain. A thing of beauty.

Online MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Hello!
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 09:01:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Singhcr!

Sorry to hear the other forum was so backward; I hope you'll like it here where it tends to be more relaxed. I'm a big fan of traditional animation, too, and even studied and created some short films myself in the past. :)
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Hyzenthlay69

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hyzenthlay69
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Hello!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 09:35:34 AM »
Welcome to a friendly site, Singhrc! It's been a while since I've been here, but I'm always happy to see new members join a great group of WSD fans! I also love animation :)