Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: The TV Series on dvd  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Keith

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Keith
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
The TV Series on dvd
« on: August 26, 2011, 11:39:23 PM »
Ok, I'm a fan of watership down. I love the movie, love the book, though I judged the tv series before watching. 2 days ago I have it an honest chance, I was ASTOUNDED!!! I can't beleive I'm actually saying this, but I might have enjoyed it more than the MOVIE!! Maybe even the BOOK!!! And, I have to get it on dvd. Though, is there a dvd for the whole series? I'm Canadian by the way.

Oh and in case any of you were wandering, I watched the series on youtube.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:47:29 PM by Keith »
"Mercy is for Fools, the dead shall lie where I powned them!!"

Youtube Channel
My Tumblr
My Facebook
My Twitter
My Blog

Offline Speedwell

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Speedwell
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
Hai Keith. ^_^  You'll more than likely be able to find the entire series on Amazon, but it's usually a bit expensive that way, so be prepared for such. And welcome to the forums! Hope you stick around and post and... stuff.

Subtle hint: Join the RP.

Offline Clover

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Clover
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:49:31 PM »
There is a full VHS box set, but I don't know much about that (other than it exists) or any DVDs, you'll have to wait until Hawkbit comes across this topic, he knows more about the DVDs (if any) than I do.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:49:56 PM by Clover »

Offline Keith

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 12:03:22 AM »
Quote from: Speedwell on Aug 26 2011, 07:48:00 PM
Hai Keith. ^_^  You'll more than likely be able to find the entire series on Amazon, but it's usually a bit expensive that way, so be prepared for such. And welcome to the forums! Hope you stick around and post and... stuff.

Subtle hint: Join the RP.
Certainly, thank you. How rude of me not to make a proper inroduction. My name is Brett (keith's my nickname) and I have a big passion for movies and tv. I even have my own review show, kinda like the Nostagia Critic if that rings-a-bell. Hell, I was going to do a review of the movie Watership Down, and the series. And I'll tell you one thing, I was prepared to say  every bad thing I knew about it, and take out as much hatred as possible on it, after watching it, i've had a change of heart. Big Time. I'll never judge a book by its cover again.

Youtube Channel
My Tumblr
My Facebook
My Twitter
My Blog

Offline Speedwell

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Speedwell
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 12:12:28 AM »
Quote from: Keith on Aug 26 2011, 08:03:22 PM
Certainly, thank you. How rude of me not to make a proper inroduction. My name is Brett (keith's my nickname) and I have a big passion for movies and tv. I even have my own review show, kinda like the Nostagia Critic if that rings-a-bell. Hell, I was going to do a review of the movie Watership Down, and the series. And I'll tell you one thing, I was prepared to say  every bad thing I knew about it, and take out as much hatred as possible on it, after watching it, i've had a change of heart. Big Time. I'll never judge a book by its cover again.
I think that just about every Watership Down Book and Movie fan has turned up their nose to the tv series before saying "Yeah. I'll HUMOR it." And then falling in love with it and rewatching it multiple times. ;D I certainly hated the series when I was first watching it, complaining all along saying "WTF? WHERE'S SANDELFORD? WHY IS BLACKBERRY A WOMAN? WHY DOES BLACKAVAR ONLY EVER SHOUT WHEN HE TALKS? I DISAPPROVE." Now I get super prickly if anyone downtalks the series... except for the Blackavar bit. I still do wonder about that.

Offline Clover

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 12:14:48 AM »
^I actually prefered the tv series to the movie and the books. Not because I saw it and the movie before reading the book, but because it had better actors (except Keehar's season 3 actor), and season 2 (even if it should've stuck to the Efrafa storyline all the way through) and 3 had better storylines than the movie and season 1. Also, the female Blackberry was one of the changes that I liked about the tv series from the movie. I also hate it when people say something bad about the tv series, like a friend on another forum said that you should ingore the tv series and the only good thing about it is the actors and the soundtrack.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:16:19 AM by Clover »

Offline Keith

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 12:28:14 AM »
Quote from: Clover on Aug 26 2011, 08:14:48 PM
^I actually prefered the tv series to the movie and the books. Not because I saw it and the movie before reading the book, but because it had better actors (except Keehar's season 3 actor), and season 2 (even if it should've stuck to the Efrafa storyline all the way through) and 3 had better storylines than the movie and season 1. Also, the female Blackberry was one of the changes that I liked about the tv series from the movie. I also hate it when people say something bad about the tv series, like a friend on another forum said that you should ingore the tv series and the only good thing about it is the actors and the soundtrack.
I hated Keehar's actor in the 1st and 2nd seasons I preffered the one in season 3. Blackberry, was one of the things i was prepared to rip on, but I actually liked the female blackberry, made her more interesting actually, and she made Season 3 much more interesting. Don't even get me started on Campion, but his voice is awesome. No, Badass!! But not nearly as much as the Black Rabbit of Inle's. THAT WAS... forget it, I can't express it without swearing like a sailor.

Youtube Channel
My Tumblr
My Facebook
My Twitter
My Blog

Offline Clover

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 12:43:08 AM »
As long as you don't get excessive and go past "ass", then you aren't breaking the profanity rule of the forum. http://fhc.soopergrape.com/index.php?topic=6.0

Anyway, the season 3 Keehar I was ready to cut all the scenes of him and Gluck out once I downloaded the episodes from youtube, I hated their voices. Didn't have common sense that day to not do it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:37:23 PM by Chipster-roo »

Offline Keith

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 12:55:19 AM »
Quote from: Clover on Aug 26 2011, 08:43:08 PM
As long as you don't get excessive and go past "ass", then you aren't breaking the profanity rule of the forum. http://fhc.soopergrape.com/index.php?topic=6.0

Anyway, the season 3 Keehar I was ready to cut all the scenes of him and Gluck out once I downloaded the episodes from youtube, I hated their voices. Didn't have common sense that day to not do it.
AHH!! Perhaps I don't have to get the dvd then. How did you download them? And Could you give me a link to the vids (or just the first so I can find the rest)? Be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:37:08 PM by Chipster-roo »

Youtube Channel
My Tumblr
My Facebook
My Twitter
My Blog

Offline Clover

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 12:56:47 AM »
I used this: http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-avi and entered the links from this youtube account there http://www.youtube.com/pawinci

Offline Keith

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 01:02:54 AM »
THANK YOU!!! You just saved me $20 or $40, And i'm $140 below my $3,000 mark. Anyway Thank You.

EDIT: Say, did you burn the episodes you had on DVD?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:19:14 AM by Keith »

Youtube Channel
My Tumblr
My Facebook
My Twitter
My Blog

Offline Campion1

• Great Frith above!
  • Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Campion1
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 04:55:31 AM »
I think you won't be able to watch the DVDs on American DVD players or whatever because of region coding. IDK if that's true though

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 05:37:34 AM »
This region coding thing is true. However, this is not the problem you can't solve with right program. :)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Keith

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 11:40:35 AM »
Quote from: Myrkin on Aug 27 2011, 01:37:34 AM
This region coding thing is true. However, this is not the problem you can't solve with right program. :)
Hmm.. so what kind of program could help? and where would I get this region dvd?

Youtube Channel
My Tumblr
My Facebook
My Twitter
My Blog

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
The TV Series on dvd
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 01:29:23 PM »
I watched the tv-series on my computer, using DVD Region + CSS Free program. I'm sure there are others programs and video players like that.
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.