Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Another Down  (Read 996 times)

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Another Down
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 10:50:20 AM »
:p Indeed *Hugs*
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Another Down
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 12:51:04 PM »
Beautiful landscapes for the imagination.   :blackberry2
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Magic-Rabbit
    • View Profile
Another Down
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 12:55:10 PM »
Here is another one with a photo taken within a camera's sight of a railway budge with rolling hills in the background.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:53:52 PM by Magic-Rabbit »
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Another Down
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 05:31:19 PM »
:) Thanks for sharing this, dear.
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
Another Down
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 11:06:45 PM »
Watership Down in real life.

:fiver  :fiver  :dandelion  :dandelion  :bigwig3
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:07:03 PM by Magic-Rabbit »
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please.
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Another Down
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 04:45:25 PM »
Lovely!  :buttercup
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
Another Down
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »
Would you ever go?

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please.
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Another Down
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 09:11:31 PM »
If it's accessible enough, then it would be great to say I've been to the actual place! Just got to have the opportunity crop up. Where is it again? *Looks it up* Ahh, it's closer than I realised, actually. *Ponder ponder*
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Another Down
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 07:51:17 PM »
:frith  :fiver  :frith

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
Another Down
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 10:59:19 PM »
]How about South Downs in Sussex.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Another Down
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 10:45:42 PM »
These are all great pictures.

It seems to me that there are many other hills that are similar to Watership Down, apart from the fact they aren't at the centre of any famous work of fiction.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Another Down
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 02:43:05 PM »
Yet still just as important, maybe they have their own warrens.^^

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
Another Down
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 05:08:43 PM »
Well England has many a great field and down.

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Another Down
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2017, 08:21:55 PM »
Indeed, dear. :) Good information for those who look at creating stories upon the world of Watership down and expand on it. ;)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
Another Down
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 03:36:15 AM »
The sign says it all:  :fiver
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 03:38:20 AM by Magic-Rabbit »