Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Album Covers  (Read 688 times)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
  • Love voice acting in cartoons
    • Show only replies by Magic-Rabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
Album Covers
« on: June 18, 2017, 07:45:49 PM »
I'm want to start this discussion about album covers and what people's favouite ones are.

For me an album cover be give an artist of the cover ways to either express how the album is, describe the main themes of the album.
Take what the album means as a whole.
Craft a painting or a band photo or in the case of one of the most recognisable album covers... ... This:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:46:17 PM by Magic-Rabbit »
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Album Covers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:01:42 PM »
:D Cool!
Mine's would have to be:

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:01:57 PM by Vesper »
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
Album Covers
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 04:25:25 PM »

No explanation needed, the cover speaks for itself.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Album Covers
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 04:50:02 PM »

Indeed :D
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by Hammy
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Album Covers
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 10:22:15 PM »
I've got a few I really like.

...And Then We Saw Land - Tunng

Tunng's covers are always bizarre, just like the music within them. Land just happens to be my personal favorite album and album artwork. Some kind of paint by numbers theme going on here.

Terra Lumina - Melodysheep

This one's also pretty busy, but I kinda like how much is put in there. Pretty sure the main feature is meant to be a planet, with the tree of life inside of it, working with the album's science theme.

All Things Bright and Beautiful - Owl City

I was torn between this cover and The Midsummer Station's, but I've talked about enough weird covers already. This one's just really nice and peaceful. I like how the greens contrast with the really light blues and whites of the sky. I like the flock of crows giving some life to the image. I like the single tree just kinda standing there. It's all really chill and goes with the mood of the album.

And to continue the Beatles theme, I like Yellow Submarine's cover. It's probably because I grew up with the Yellow Submarine film, but, well, shut up, I like it.

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
Album Covers
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 11:45:40 PM »
There was a 1960s group called Nirvana before Kurt Cobain's. Here is a cover of an album they released in 1972:

Offline Carnation264

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Carnation264
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Album Covers
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »
AJR's album The Click. The cover looks so beautiful. So do their other albums, but for me this one takes the cake of favorite cover from them.

I suggest checking out their music, especially the song Turning Out.

Blue October's The Answers album cover is weirdly beautiful, like I can't describe it. They are a great band and I would recommend anybody to check out their music.

Lastly, the album cover of Hayley Kiyoko's This Side Of Paradise. I only heard two of her songs, but she's fantastic along with the covers to her albums.
Too much art in paws

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
Album Covers
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 05:51:42 PM »
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:51:58 PM by Magic-Rabbit »

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Album Covers
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 10:11:16 AM »
:silverweed3 *Tackle-hugs with a nuzzles*

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
Album Covers
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »
*Nuzzles you back sweetly*  :buttercup2
Wanna hear some Tales from the Lush Attic?

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Album Covers
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 05:39:12 PM »
*Nuzzles turning into a Spin-hug*:D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 05:40:33 PM by Vesper »

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
Album Covers
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 11:01:36 PM »
Did you know that...? In 1969 Robert Plant was asked for ID in Camden Market, London? So he ran back to his car to get Led Zeppelin I to show to that particular store owner also it's the Hindenburg disaster.

Fly Like an Eagle:

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Album Covers
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 12:52:59 PM »
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
Album Covers
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 04:11:13 PM »
No... But Final Fantasy has good looking art styles nowadays.

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Album Covers
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 08:09:22 PM »