Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: New character speculation  (Read 619 times)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Magic-Rabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
New character speculation
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 12:58:55 AM »
I haven't read the book and probably goes for tons of children who will watch it for the first time.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hazel
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 08:18:03 PM »
Oh, how interesting! :D I can't wait to see these characters
"People’s souls are like gardens. You can’t turn your back on someone because his garden’s full of weeds. You have to give him water and lots of sunshine."

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 02:19:46 AM »
:buttercup Me too!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 02:19:57 AM by Vesper »
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: New character speculation
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 11:07:52 PM »
Craig Parkinson gave another interview, that reveals more about the character of Sainfoin.

Quote from: Relevant passage
He’s also part of the starry voice cast for the BBC’s adaptation of Watership Down, which boasts the likes of John Boyega, Olivia Colman and James McAvoy. Parkinson is playing Sainfoin who, he says, is a “rather rotund sergeant” and, much like The Caddy, “you might think he’s one thing in the first couple of episodes but then he turns into something else”.
This keeps getting more and more mysterious...
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline florapaw

• Silver
    • Show only replies by florapaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 11:53:22 PM »
Aaaah! Anymore mysterious hints about Sainfoin and I'll fall in love! ~ ❤️

But in all seriousness, I hope that the new characters actually add something to the series and they aren't just adding them in for no reason. That's a good way to make your story writing look like crap.

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 12:09:02 PM »
If they are indeed putting so much work into this character, perhaps that will be something to look forward to and perhaps benefits the storyline, let's hope so, dear.  :silverweed
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams