Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Watership Down Dreams  (Read 945 times)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 05:49:02 PM »
I really wish we would get a trailer for the miniseries in real life...

I would love to appear in one of Acacia's dreams :D
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline CockatielPony

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • FHC contest winner:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »
I know. I was disappointed when I woke up I feel like we should have at least got a picture by now unless it's been moved back to 2018.
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline Leo-rah

• Efrafan
  • Dandelion
  • Sun on my fur, birds in the sky, hip hip hooray!
    • Show only replies by Leo-rah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watershipdowntv
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 11:46:29 AM »
I can barely remember, but I already had one or two dreams. Not really about Watership Down, but in the world of Watership Down. It was quite strange, but also so interesting, being inside the body of a rabbit. Tho, it has been quite some time, since my last, but I can remember some scenes, like I was running along a meadow (maybe even on the Down), or looking at my fore paws, while standing on my back paws.
What I can recall a bit more clearly was even a talk with Bigwig, in series style. I can't remember what we talked about exactly, but that we did, and this was one of the most intense scenes.

It may sound a bit nerdy, but sometimes I can dream lucidly, and try thereby to get access to this world again. x3" Sometimes it works, guess I have to train it harder. The possibilities should be sheer infinite then! ^_^
Quote from: Leo-rah
I love that buck.
 I love him more than weasels love blood and meat.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 01:25:15 PM »
I guess the best way to have the desired sleep while sleeping is mental suggestion. Think about the topic you like for days or weeks, until you finally get it. I read something about it. I would like to spend the day with Silverweed and talk to him about many things.   :silverweed3
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please.
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »
Nice! :D
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 10:57:23 PM »
That's really interesting Leo :bigwig3

Acacia I hope that will work :glowingsw
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 10:36:55 PM »
Sorry for double-posting, but I dreamed yet again about the WD miniseries a few days ago.  Another member of this forum also appears :glowingsw

While on a car trip around Montreal, my parents go for an appointment in a random skyscraper, leaving me behind in the car.  Suddenly, [CALL]Silverweed's Claws[/CALL] shows up and drives the car to another skyscraper.  He takes me to an office on the top floor, which contains a few wooden desks, one of which is covered with many pieces of paper.

I take a look at the paper on the desk, and find a few storyboards from the miniseries.  There is also a copy of the script, which is open at a page where Thethuthinnang complains that Vilthuril does not appear in the miniseries, but for some reason Haystack does.  Thethuthinnang also says that she has a romantic crush on Hyzenthlay and wants to be her mate.

Then Claws takes all the papers and puts them in the trash.  He tells me that the miniseries will be released exactly seven days from now so advertisements for it can be placed in a Christmas tree somewhere in New York City despite the fact that Christmas is two months away.

Back in the car, Claws tells me that the script and the storyboards are to be destroyed, so he will burn them that night.  I ask him if I am allowed to reveal what I learned about the miniseries on FHC, but he does not answer; he simply drives me back to my parents' building then runs away.  Then my parents come back unaware of everything that happened, and I wake up.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:28:37 PM by Chipster-roo »

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 01:14:51 PM »
What vividly interesting dream indeed. *Hugs*
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 06:28:37 PM »
I had another dream about the miniseries last night.

A British actress who is not part of the cast of any adaptation of WD posts a picture of the promotional book.  The only page visible is part of the table of contents.  The chapters are numbered using Roman numerals, but several don't make sense (for example, one is numbered "bfdi").  The first and last chapters mentioned are both named "Nuthanger Farm..." and another chapter near the middle is called "The First Lieutenant Wins!"; I forgot the other chapter names.

I somehow manage to get a copy of the book.  I debate whether I should read it now or wait until the miniseries is released.  I decide to wait, and simply skim through the book for now.  It has the same format and thickness as the original WD book, but somehow it has 2316 pages.  The first 1999 pages are the main plot, while the remaining 317 pages consist of bonus material such as a summary, trivia, character profiles and a Lapiné glossary.

The Lapiné glossary takes up less than one page.  The character profiles are really disappointing, with only four characters mentioned: Fiver, Hazel, Bigwig and Clover.  All four profiles are written in the first person, and Hazel says that Hyzenthlay is his mate (although her name might have been misspelled).  I consider looking at the summary to see whether the miniseries ends with the dog run like in the book or whether they use something depressing like magic.  However, at the last second I decide not to, but I nevertheless manage to read one sentence in the last paragraph: "Hazel has a rare vision to detect the camera" (presumably a surveillance camera at Nuthanger Farm).

I decide to post my findings on this forum, and consider taking a picture of the book on a table, or of me holding it, to prove that I really do have a copy of it.  Then I wake up.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:37:26 PM by Chipster-roo »

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 03:57:45 PM »
Hey hipster Roo, how do you do it?   :blackberry3
Do you have really fantastic dreams, how do you do it?

I always have dreams of crap XD Most of the time I dream of nonsense, which is not worth explaining, but you dream of Watership Down.    :blackberry-buck
How do you make a friend?
Do you take a whole gallon of pure hot milk?
Do you see 24 hours of video from Watership Down to make your mind go influence?
Are you a real rabbit ???? !!!!    :pipkin-oh
Tell us!    :skree
I love Watership Down!

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 07:09:50 PM »
Quote from: Acacia Heartstrings on Dec 10 2017, 10:57:45 AM
Are you a real rabbit ???? !!!!    :pipkin-oh
I wish I was :fiver

But unfortunately, I don't know what I do to have dreams like this :owl

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please.
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 07:18:01 PM »
I had a dream with Watership Down in! Can't remember much. Saw some of the film, but wasn't quite like the film, and had to answer questions on it, or something. Chipster was in it, too!
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Hyzenthlay69

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hyzenthlay69
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2017, 08:27:37 AM »
I actually had a couple of WSD theme dreams...one in which I was in the English countryside and I was in this elderly woman's house, which was like a cottage, and she had some Watership Down paintings ( scenery from the 1978 film) and what appeared to be the book in different covers.  The other dream was ...I was walking on this path in a wooded area with some meadows, and I fell into this stream or river and tried to climb out, while seeing a couple of the WSD rabbits ( as if they appeared in the cartoon) on the banks. I woke up after that.  One other dream was that I was stealing what appeared to be WSD figurines from someone's house.

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2017, 05:09:55 PM »
You give me envy, I would at least like to dream of being a bunny chasing mice, that would be fun and stealing lettuces.    :clover
I love Watership Down!

Offline Hyzenthlay69

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hyzenthlay69
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 12:33:53 AM »
Actually it was these dreams over the last months since I've been gone that got me back into WSD and this site :))