Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Watership Down Dreams  (Read 946 times)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 01:52:50 AM »
Interesting dreams everyone :)

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on Dec 12 2017, 02:18:01 PM
I had a dream with Watership Down in! Can't remember much. Saw some of the film, but wasn't quite like the film, and had to answer questions on it, or something. Chipster was in it, too!
That's interesting :) wonder what I did? :D

I had another WD dream recently.  I don't remember much about it, other than the fact it included a Hyzenthlay/Thethuthinnang romance, and there were many other things that had nothing to do with WD.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Hyzenthlay69

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hyzenthlay69
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 09:56:33 PM »
I just had a brief dream the other night in which I was once again walking in WSD countryside...a beautiful English countryside and right near a river.  Somehow even though I didn't see any rabbits, I just knew I was there...either that river was the river Test or the River Enborne.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2018, 10:54:19 PM »
A few days ago, I had a dream that I somehow travelled through time to the year 2024 and that the WD miniseries had still not been released (with the Netflix website still announcing a 2017 release date), and that Hawkbit (the FHC member, not the WD character) sent me three VHS tapes and my parents argued.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Offline Hyzenthlay69

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hyzenthlay69
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 02:25:49 AM »
Quote from: Chipster-roo on Jan 17 2018, 05:54:19 PM
A few days ago, I had a dream that I somehow travelled through time to the year 2024 and that the WD miniseries had still not been released (with the Netflix website still announcing a 2017 release date), and that Hawkbit (the FHC member, not the WD character) sent me three VHS tapes and my parents argued.
You're one of the few I know who remember your dreams that lucidly. I have really vivid dreams some of which I can remember years later.

My WSD dreams never had specific characters, but I knew I was there in the actual area itself with the down and so forth.  Then there was one dream where...I just remembered this one...I had gone into an elderly couple's house in the English countryside where she had small paintings of Watership Down scenes, and I was trying to steal them.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2018, 04:47:25 PM »
Last night I had a dream about the WD miniseries.

A 15-second ad for the miniseries airs on BBC1.  Someone captures the ad (by filming their TV set) and uploads it on YouTube, and forum member Thlayli posts it on her Tumblr.  The ad mostly shows some spectacular views of the area around WD, and it looks really amazing.  The BBC logo is visible in the top right corner the whole time.  However, no rabbits are seen.

I go on the Netflix website and find that the show's description has been changed; it seems more Efrafa-centric now.  Also, a three-minute trailer for the first episode has been released.  I try to watch it on my TV, but I have trouble not waking up my mother.  Trying to watch it in Firefox brings up errors about "not having proper permissions", so I have to install another browser to watch it.

The first episode appears to focus a lot on Clover and Haystack.  Also, I soon realize that it is not animated, instead it is live-action with the "voice actors" actually performing the roles.  Hyzenthlay is wearing a white dress with a corset.  Thethuthinnang is wearing a green dress and has messy hair.  Woundwort is wearing a leather jacket and an eye patch over his right eye.  I am massively disappointed.

(the rest of the dream has nothing to do with the minsieries)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Magic-Rabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2018, 05:17:50 PM »
Quote from: Quote:on 
The first episode appears to focus a lot on Clover and Haystack. Also, I soon realize that it is not animated, instead it is live-action with the "voice actors" actually performing the roles. Hyzenthlay is wearing a white dress with a corset. Thethuthinnang is wearing a green dress and has messy hair. Woundwort is wearing a leather jacket and an eye patch over his right eye. I am massively disappointed.

I'm reading at and it's just comically scary, like Anne-Marie Duff and Ben Kingsley actually performing the rabbit roles.  :glowingfiver
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline CockatielPony

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2018, 10:48:32 PM »
Quote from: Chipster-roo on Apr 19 2018, 12:47:25 PM
Woundwort is wearing a leather jacket and an eye patch over his right eye.  I am massively disappointed.
OH YEAH! Woundwort born to be bad.

I think Bigwig would be the bunny to be wearing a leather jacket and shades.
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: Watership Down Dreams
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2018, 04:58:09 PM »
I had a dream last night that the production company's website for the WD miniseries had been updated, and the result was a complete mess.  Some pages listed a 2016 release date, while others said 2017, and others said 2019.  I was really confused.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
At least you have dreams. I do not understand why I rarely have any. Maybe I sleep very heavy and wake up early, but I rarely have dreams and would like to be a bunny or mouse.    :pipkin     :hannah3
And even CockatielPony has dreams where he forgets his pants.      :silverweed2
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline CockatielPony

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2018, 04:18:26 AM »
I probably had this dream about a month ago but I just remembered a little bit of it now. A new Watership down picture book has been released, and I go to the book store to pick it up (Barnes and nobles I think). It turns out that the book comes in a box with two mystery Watership down merchandise. There were a total of three different items you could get but I only remember 2 one was a finger puppet of a rabbit and the other was a little rabbit stuffed animal, so I started opening the boxes in the store until I found the one with the stuffed animal. The second box I opened came with the stuffed animal, but for some reason I couldn't decide what to take.
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2018, 09:36:31 PM »
That sounds really interesting Cockatiel :) It would be nice if the "mystery boxes" were to happen in real life too (hopefully with more than three possibilities).

Offline florapaw

• Silver
    • Show only replies by florapaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2018, 11:36:00 AM »
I don't know if it counts but the other night my dream had a brief moment where Dandelion from the series was in it. He was too long. Dandelion is already too long, but he was even longer.

That's all. Long Dandelion was in my dream, probably said something stupid, and scared my dream self. I'm sobbing why can't I have nice watership down dreams like you

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 07:39:31 PM »
How nice that you dreamed about Dandelion, at least you had it in sight. I never dream anything, that envy T, T
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Dandelion
  • Aya ~The Bunny Cat ~
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 08:05:14 PM »
Long Dandelion sounds both hilarious and terrifying at the same time  : :woundwort
~ Join the WSD Community Read! ~
The more, the merrier^^

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 10:39:16 PM »
He was too long. Dandelion is already too long, but he was even longer.
That's...horrifying... :fiver2 :pipkin-oh :woundwort

A few days ago I had a dream that someone here (I don't remember who) posted a new fanfic that was a crossover between WD and Tiny Toon Adventures.  Only the first chapter is available, and nothing much happens.  Buster, Babs, Plucky, Hamton and Fifi are in an overly large vehicle driving across London (it's unclear who, if anyone, is driving).  Fiver (with his TV series design) randomly shows up and has a vision.

Later that day, I see a video on YouTube about a parade in Hong Kong to celebrate the release of the WD miniseries.  It takes place on a small road in the middle of the forest.  A first group of people walk by, then a group of runners, followed by people wearing high-heeled shoes.  After a few minutes, some guy called Larry arrives holding a garden hose, spraying everyone and everything.  After he is gone, cyclists show up, then roller-skaters, people on motorcycles, and finally a limousine.

There is a new thread on the forum about beer and Harry Potter.   I soon discover that the poster is a spambot, so I ban the account and remove the thread.