Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Music  (Read 472 times)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: Music
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 05:25:45 PM »
The miniseries will probably have an opening.  It probably won't be very long or elaborate, but there will probably be something.

I really hope Bright Eyes (or a modified version of it like Florapaw mentioned) will make an appearance, even if it's just in the opening or the end credits, like the 1999 series did.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: Music
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 08:22:34 PM »
From an interview with composer Federico Jusid:

I’m now wrapping a project that I am absolutely proud of, which by the way is absolutely opposite of the narrative of Life Itself. [The Netflix and BBC miniseries version of Watership Down, directed by Noam Murro,] is one of the most beautiful things I’ve seen and done.

Imagine, for a film composer to have this canvass of animation, plus wonderful text and literature, and a story that’s animated but not soft and naive, but harsh… with drama and romanticism. It has it all in it. I’m very happy to share that with you.

And another interview:
Yes, the approach is pretty much the opposite of “Life Itself!” Richard Adams’ novel has been turned into four episodes that are very dense and lyrical. The music brings an extra layer to his metaphor of comparing rabbits to the human condition. So it’s a broader, non-stop score with music for big chases and death scenes. It’s beautiful and so poetic, and the music is “painting” in every scene alongside the visuals.

I wonder whether a soundtrack album will be released, like for the 1978 film and the 1999 series?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:26:07 PM by Chipster-roo »
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!