Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Lack of watership down creations on youtube  (Read 154 times)

Offline CockatielPony

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
Lack of watership down creations on youtube
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:56:07 PM »
I wish there was more fan made videos of watership down on youtube such as art, animations amv, music and more. I feel like there are very few each year that come out. Maybe with the miniseries coming up more people will be interested in creating videos. What's your favorite watership down video?

I'm working on a watership down pmv (picture music video) about Woundwort using this song
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline Leo-rah

• Efrafan
  • Dandelion
  • Sun on my fur, birds in the sky, hip hip hooray!
    • Show only replies by Leo-rah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watershipdowntv
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:34:51 PM »
I also wish the same, it's so sad there are only a few videos of Watership Down. Even when you sort the search results by date, not very regularly, new videos are being uploaded. I guess it's because Watership Down had it's media presence back in the 90s, beginning of 2000s. Youtube therefor was just founded 2005.

I also hope there will be another tug, after the series is finished. I myself did also a few videos (more like trailers), more than nearly 10 years ago, back then I was 16.
 In the beginning I even used my poorly self-recorded files of the german television, as I didn't have the DVD Box-Set back then.  :fiver  Wsd-Fan was my commonly used nickname back then, which I still use today for yt at least.  :dandelion

My favorite video was made by Nenlos, or here on the forum called Mallow: The Fall of Redstone Warren
The first pmv I ever saw was made by a later met friend Soul-rah, a simple slideshow of BlackberryXCampion

I'm very much looking forward for your work, Cockatiel! :)
Quote from: Leo-rah
I love that buck.
 I love him more than weasels love blood and meat.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 05:02:56 PM »
Internet did not become so massive, until after 2000, otherwise it is likely that there were more fan arts and videos of the series. It is possible that the mini series helps a little, but there is no way to ensure it.

I will leave these two videos that I like:  :calohki

The Fall of Redstone Warren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw04KWlMr2E

Watership Down (TAS) Abridged #TIBA full video   :buttercup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lehl3-cGMs4&list=PLI5YbOpL3KImGEmelt_osmrIcCn4F_xoH&index=42
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline CockatielPony

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »
The abridge one is a good one Acacia

I completely forgot I made this Watership Down Animatic
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline Hyzenthlay69

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hyzenthlay69
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 08:30:53 AM »
Quote from: CockatielPony on Nov 12 2017, 06:56:07 PM
I wish there was more fan made videos of watership down on youtube such as art, animations amv, music and more. I feel like there are very few each year that come out. Maybe with the miniseries coming up more people will be interested in creating videos. What's your favorite watership down video?<br /><br />I'm working on a watership down pmv (picture music video) about Woundwort using this song
Maybe I can do a video on all my WSD collectibles, since some of them were custom made. That actually might be a good idea. I've got some really unique things.  I could post it and then share the url here with you guys. My last collectible was the WSD 1978 puzzle from the UK, and then...I don't remember if I even posted a photo of this original 1978 plushie of Hazel I got that was a different brand from the set of 4 plushies from the UK.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 05:05:37 PM »
the reason is because Watership Down is not very popular unfortunately ... If only I had at least a quarter of the popularity Mi litle pony enjoys, he would have tons of videos, art, new music, animation and more.
My little pony, generation 4, was an exploit that has everything and a great fandom. And hopefully WD also had more fans.    :fiver
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)