Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Un-Produced episode  (Read 219 times)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Magic-Rabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Un-Produced episode
« on: January 12, 2018, 04:49:12 PM »
In Season 3 that was supposed to be an episode called "Dandelion's Big Story " which would have been episode 4 of Season 3.

Instead switching it with the episode entitled Bigwig's Way which is jarring to go from Season 3 animation and voice cast down to the Season 1/2 animation an voice cast

Quote from: Quote:on 
Unproduced episode:
According to the official Watership Down TV series website (which is now closed) Season 2 was supposed to have had an episode produced called Dandelion's Big Story, in which he would tell a story to the younger rabbits, with the roles of El-ahrairah, Prince Rainbow, etc. played by the Watership Down rabbits, while Hazel and Bigwig went to Nuthanger Farm on a raid. However, the episode was never produced and was instead replaced by Bigwig's Way. Even so, the episode title and synopsis managed to find its way on to the 14-disc Region 2 DVD set by Entertainment Rights and Universal, where it replaced Bigwig's Way. The episode itself was oddly placed, on a disc with the episodes that preceded Season 3.
 From the Watership Down wiki.

:woundwort
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:49:31 PM by Magic-Rabbit »
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Un-Produced episode
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:16:08 AM »
I'm rather disappointed this episode wasn't produced.  While, from its description, it sounds like a filler, it does seem more interesting than a few episodes that were actually produced, like The Invasion or The Great Water.

I don't know if any storyboards, or maybe partial animation, from this episode exist?  It would be nice if it were leaked on the Internet.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Claws

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • Show only replies by Claws
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • I speak:
Un-Produced episode
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 02:03:19 AM »
I doubt a storyboard for this one exists (much less animation). Some studios post the basic ideas for some future plots but only pick a handful of them to actually produce and this seems to fill the bill.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:05:08 AM by Silverweed's Claws »

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Un-Produced episode
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 05:20:42 PM »
I also think, "Dandelion's Big Story" was never produced.

In "Bigwig's Way", they did not go back to Season 1/2 animation an voice cast. This episode was produces for the second season. Just the placement on the DVD-set was on the wrong position (mistake during DVD-production).

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
Un-Produced episode
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »
It's just that that it is annoying though.

Because you can't just watch them sequentially, having to go to the season 3 part of the box set to disc 10 to watch it then back to the season 1 part to disc 8 to match it up.

All because of a bad placement on the DVD box set.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:29:17 PM by Magic-Rabbit »
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Un-Produced episode
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 03:55:29 PM »
I think the same, I would have loved to see a well-developed history of the famous stories of El-Alhaira. Besides, Dandelion is very nice to tell stories.     :dandelion
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:55:40 PM by Acacia Heartstrings »
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
Un-Produced episode
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 10:38:16 PM »
Just realised that it would of been in Season 2 meaning that Phill Jupitus would have still been the voice for Dandelion in 2000.

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Un-Produced episode
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 03:21:41 PM »
I never knew about that, this is really cool. ^^ Think of the potential that episode would have had for the show, too bad it was never produced.
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Silver
    • View Profile
Un-Produced episode
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 09:07:56 PM »
It was the magical storytime episode that never was.