Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Writing event #2: Christmas  (Read 338 times)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: Writing event #2: Christmas
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »
Thank you @Leo-rah :) I'm glad you liked my story :)

I tried to make it so that it could be interpreted as either friendship or romance, but I was leaning more towards romance :D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:52:28 PM by Chipster-roo »
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Hawkbit
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 06:44:06 PM »
@Leo-rah Thank you! I'm so glad their relationship got across well :) I have to say, it was strange to write Vervain like that. So used to TV Series!Vervain :vervaincarrot

Oh you have no idea how happy it makes me hear that the last 'well done' had that effect! I was hoping it would so to hear I succeed makes me very happy indeed!
~ Join the WSD Community Read! ~
The more, the merrier^^

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 10:00:42 PM »
I did want to join this, but things were busy and it's getting a little past the date now, and writing about Christmassy things seems a bit passé for me. :P So I will enjoy reading all your stories in the next few days instead! :D
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 05:18:21 PM »
Beautiful ... For now I have read two excellent stories Of Leo and Hipster-Roo. I just need Chibiscuit.
I really liked that both were about love, more than the holiday itself.

@Leo-rah

Home, by Leo-Rah, is a triumphant escape from the tyranny of Efrafa, to take refuge in Watership Down. What I did not expect is that Hawk would appear in the middle of winter, to reunite with the love of his life ... Despite the hard start they lived, things are better now. Having a good moment of intimacy, before the others arrived. Fiver was the perfect mediator to fix the situation. Everyone trusts the criteria of that little bunny, with that even someone like Bigwig can calm down against an Efrafan. It was a happy ending for everyone, especially for Leo x Hawk. And a happy glimpse of Frith. It was beautiful that you followed your main story in this way. 

:fiver   They deserve each other.   

@Chipster-roo
THE FARM IN WINTER of Hipster-Roo. This really did not wait for me ... A story behind the events of Watership Down version of netflix, centered on Hyzently. In the movie of '78 Blackabar died, but here I play Holly. A most honorable rabbit who gave his life for his love and his home. He gave his life for the future of all in the fight against Efrafa. And poor Hyzentyly, no matter how hard she tried, could not get over it, could not take it away from her mind, or from her heart. To the point that I had especially worried Thethuthinnang, who finally decided to follow her secretly, to surprise her. However, not even they expected to find the support they needed so much with each other ... Although it was quite reckless that they entered the house of humans, very dangerous, but I'm glad that they went well.
All thanks to Bluebell XD HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Bluebell again saves the situation (?) XD        :primrose            :bluebell      :hannah4

Maybe in the next writing event, do something with my favorite Hawkbit rabbit. Poor guy also needs a lot of love x3 * Hugs him *   

:hawkbit  Hey... Mhmmm

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 07:42:46 PM by Acacia Heartstrings »
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 09:34:49 PM »
I'm glad you liked my entry Acacia :)
Bluebell is a really great bun :bluebell
I'll see about writing something about Hawkbit next time :hawkbit3 Until then, he has an important role in Possibilities :hawkbit2
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 06:10:59 PM »
I'm glad you liked my entry Acacia :)
Bluebell is a really great bun :bluebell
I'll see about writing something about Hawkbit next time :hawkbit3 Until then, he has an important role in Possibilities :hawkbit2

My English stinks. In fact I meant, that I will also write a story of Hawkbit in the next event, because it is adorable x3. Your story was beautiful and with a lot of love!     :primrose
Soon I will be able to continue reading possibilities, since there are no more events on the way.         :sarcasm     :irony     :hannah4

@Chibiscuit   
Finally I could finish reading, the last Christmas special of 2018. Although it was not a celebration of the winter season. Rather the promotions of Orchis as an outstanding captain of Efrafa. But above all, seeking the approval of Vervain, which he admires enough ... So much wants to earn their respect, which always seeks the way to be perfect in the eyes of other official rabbits, going through hard challenges.
I had forgotten the pride of the soldiers and captains who seek the respect of their comrades, it is not easy for us.
Orchis was an unexpected villain surprise for the Netflix series. It's good to see a little more of your background here.
Although ... I had not noticed, or I did not know that Orchis and Vervain were brothers. In fact I thought his brother was the mustard captain (Mozz). Does someone clarify it to me?

Chibiscuit  ... Well done.  :vervain2
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:15:09 PM by Acacia Heartstrings »
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 05:56:16 PM »
The miniseries has inspired fresh takes on some of the characters and that is very interesting to read about.  :blackberryminiseries

Chipster - It's good to hear more about Hyzenthlay
Spoiler: ShowHide
post-Holly death,
that there can be the beginning of more happiness for her. The inclusion of Bluebell's kissy thingy was fun; including the bit at the end - haha! Nicely written.  :thethuthinnang

Leo-rah - What a sweet tale! I have not yet read other stories by you, so I was reading about Leo and Hawk without knowing too much of their backstory; however what information you gave was enough to understand their feelings to this point. Their reunion on Frithmas Eve amongst the wintry landscape set a lovely, touching scene. And I'm pleased Bigwig eased off in the end!  :bigwig3

Chibiscuit - What an interesting take on the relationship between these Efrafan brothers -- they're both determined characters, yet still allow for a kinship between them! The repeated use of 'well done' was very effective in shaping and advancing the story.  :orchis

I enjoyed reading them all!  :pipkin2
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Hawkbit
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 09:47:07 PM »
Thanks Acacia and Meadow!!  :fiver

Although ... I had not noticed, or I did not know that Orchis and Vervain were brothers. In fact I thought his brother was the mustard captain (Mozz). Does someone clarify it to me?
I hadn't noticed on my first watch either (I kept wondering; "who is this brother you keep mentioning Orchis??") but
Spoiler: ShowHide
when Orchis brings Holly & co to Efrafa, Vervain greets him with "brother" and the rabbit that gets run over by the train is defiitely him. So yup they're brothers :vervain2 :orchis

Chibiscuit  ... Well done.  :vervain2
Hahaxd

~ Join the WSD Community Read! ~
The more, the merrier^^

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 06:48:48 PM »
Thank you Meadow :)
I'm glad you enjoyed the three entries :)