Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Trip to Parris Island  (Read 447 times)

Offline Owsla-rah

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Owsla-rah
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Trip to Parris Island
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:35:21 AM »
Well I'l be leaveing tommow mourning to Parris Island South Carolina for my brother graduation ceremony from the Marine Corps Recruit training(Boot Camp) :cheers  So I probably wont be posting anything till Saturday, unless there wireless internet at the hotal I'll be staying at. This is also a good opportunity to visit an other state considering that I lived in Florida all my life and visited only the state of Georgia on seveal occasions. And after the graduation ceremony, my brother will be coming back home with us for his ten day leave to be with family and friends. And even though I have not been posting as much as I use too, but I been keeping an eye on things on the board. Anyway I might also post a few pictures of the base and graduation ceremony when I get back.
"The world is as bitter as the coffee I drink this Morning."-Donald E. Waters

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Trip to Parris Island
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »
So in case of invasion by water-stealing aliens your brother will be the first to fight, huh? :D

Seriously now: congratulations to your brother on his graduation.  :cheers
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Trip to Parris Island
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 11:41:35 AM »
Late on the congrats, but how did the ceremony go?  Your brother must be proud. :)

Offline Owsla-rah

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Owsla-rah
    • View Profile
Trip to Parris Island
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 01:07:40 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, I been too busy to reply since I got back from the trip.  :(

But anyway the ceremony went well and we both had a good time. And he also showed me  the barracks he stayed in. And I also went to the Parris Island military museum, alot of neat stuff they have there especially with all the various weapons. :D

I tell y'all some of the stories my brother told me when he was in boot camp when I have time, aswell as a few pictures.
"The world is as bitter as the coffee I drink this Morning."-Donald E. Waters

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Trip to Parris Island
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 11:57:01 AM »
That would be great. Did you make pictures while you were in this military museum as well? :)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Trip to Parris Island
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 01:53:48 AM »
Be sure to keep us up to date on some of this stuff. :)