Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Umm... Hi...!  (Read 498 times)

Offline Indi-Rah

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Indi-Rah
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Umm... Hi...!
« on: May 11, 2013, 11:33:30 PM »
Hey, everyone... I don't know if I'll stick around, we'll see... but I'm here from another Warren, so to speak... So yeah... Nice to see and meet you all! Maybe one day you can visit!
"My chief rabbit told me to defend this run... And until he says otherwise, that's what I'll do."

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 01:01:37 AM »
Unusual intro, but welcome all the same. :) Perhaps we'll convince you to hang around here instead.

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 09:32:36 AM »
Welcome, Indi-Rah. I hope you'll have enough of fun time here to stay with us. :)

You come from another warren? Could you tell what warren that is?
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Indi-Rah

• Silver
    • View Profile
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:57:38 AM »
Well, I mean to say another site, one that I made, but no one's joined and I don't wanna advertise xD But I've made a good deal of fan warrens, too... None got off the ground, of course. I do hope to stay, too, but we'll see. I have a bad habit with things like this Dx
"My chief rabbit told me to defend this run... And until he says otherwise, that's what I'll do."

Offline Hrair thlay

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Hrair thlay
    • View Profile
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »
There's not too many warrens on the net that get much active users so I think getting it off the ground is difficult, I've only seen about 10 users here that are active.

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 02:41:37 PM »
WSD for some reason doesn't keep a very active following.

Offline Indi-Rah

• Silver
    • View Profile
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »
Is has been. This is the only one I've found that's been touched since 2010.

Offline Hrair thlay

• Silver
    • View Profile
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »
It is sad, yes, probably just because it is old, it is far better than most books I've read today and it is very different, I guess the problem is that it just is not talked about or mentioned anymore today, I will make sure I will keep a book or two of that in my ownership throughout my life, I wanna make sure people I know can read and enjoy it for what it is, a good book.

Offline Indi-Rah

• Silver
    • View Profile
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 03:04:17 PM »
Exactly. It beats out modern crap by a mile. It's quite a shame, because no one talks about it anymore - they'd rather talk about paranormal romance or some other hraka. Really, now, most of the stuff we see today isn't nearly as good... I've read WsD four times simply because I have nothing better to read. I'd be reading it a fifth time if I could find my copy...

Offline Embemxrabbit

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Embemxrabbit
    • View Profile
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 04:23:26 PM »
Hey Inle-Rah! Like you I am also belonging to another warren of my own, that's not quite hosted on the internet. That means it isn't on the search engines because I'm not that brilliant. Here is a great warren. However long you stay, have fun!
'I'd go with the Black Rabbit if it meant freedom and peace for all of us,' - Blackberry
Warrens of Watership Down

Offline Indi-Rah

• Silver
    • View Profile
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 04:46:52 PM »
I don't know how to get mine on a search engine, either xD thanks!

Offline Hrair thlay

• Silver
    • View Profile
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 08:44:27 PM »
Quote from: Indi-Rah on May 12 2013, 11:04:17 AM
Exactly. It beats out modern crap by a mile. It's quite a shame, because no one talks about it anymore - they'd rather talk about paranormal romance or some other hraka. Really, now, most of the stuff we see today isn't nearly as good... I've read WsD four times simply because I have nothing better to read. I'd be reading it a fifth time if I could find my copy...
Yeah WSD is probably the best book I have read, it just is so well written and keeps smart, it doesn't barrel off into 10-50 pages of romance like almost every single damn book or movie seems to these days.

Offline Indi-Rah

• Silver
    • View Profile
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 08:48:51 PM »
Yeah! In fact, part of the appeal to me is how... alien it feels. It doesn't focus on romance at all. Rather, it views mating as something used for survival. And I liked that about it!

Offline Bigwig

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Bigwig
    • View Profile
Umm... Hi...!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 07:55:54 PM »
Hello Indi-Rah! I agree that WSD is soooooooo much better than fiction stories of humans falling in love with vampires and all that stuff (I wonder who thought of all that junk?????) Strange that the forum isn't more active because WSD is AWESOME!
I was unable to get on any of the forums I belonged to for the longest time because of my school but now, hopefully I will raise that 10 active forum users to 11. ;)
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him will not persih, but have eternal life. John 3:16