Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Newbie on the horizon  (Read 488 times)

Offline Owsalfa

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Owsalfa
    • View Profile
    • http://owsalfa.tumblr.com
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Newbie on the horizon
« on: May 22, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »
I've been stumbling across this site on and off for years now, I thought it's about time I joined up!

Generally I'm just a big silly idiot who loves loads of weird things and is spiraling into a state of video game insanity.

Now onto more related topics...
I've been a fan of the movie Watership Down for years, and that inspired me to read the book. Once I'd read the book, I re-watched the movie and I just fell in love with them both!
After a few years, I discovered the existence of the TV Series, and I just fell in love with it again. Season 3 is defiantly my favorite, I feel it has more folklore for me to bite into.

In recent days, I've gone into collector mode, and I hope you can help me in my quest! My quest is to discover how much official merchandise there is out there! Movie-verse, or Series-verse, it doesn't matter. I don't want to own it all, just to discover it. Although I make a special exception for buying Series-verse merch. I think you have a section for merchandise? Prepare for me to take over that entire topic - I have loads of stuff haha.

I've also started writing small fanfics, mostly for my friends, but I want to make them "public" soon.

Whoops, I think I ranted on a little...oh well, hopefully I can contribute to this board! Hiya, guys! 8)
The gal with the goods!
owsalfa.tumblr
previously on-the-down

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Newbie on the horizon
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 08:17:25 PM »
Welcome, Thlayli. I'm glad that you decided to join us after all these yeas (not many of those certainly, since forum is barely two years old :p ). Have fun here. :)

Quote from: Quote:on 
I think you have a section for merchandise? Prepare for me to take over that entire topic - I have loads of stuff haha.

If it means more posts on the forum, then I think we can surrender that topic to you. :D

I've also started writing small fanfics, mostly for my friends, but I want to make them "public" soon.

Feel free to post them here too. That's why we have "Lord Frith's Field of Creation" section. ;)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Owsalfa

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Newbie on the horizon
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 08:36:05 PM »
Is it only two years old? haha, I may of been crossing this site with another then! No worries.
The gal with the goods!
owsalfa.tumblr
previously on-the-down

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Newbie on the horizon
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 10:29:55 PM »
Welcome Thlayli. :)  My guess is you might be thinking of Inle-rah's Warren....we had a member called Thlayli there as well....if you're the same one, that's cool. :)  I was co-chief there, and eventually just decided to stake out on my own when I had the time to.

We do have topics about the merchandise.  I'm part of the Watership Down yahoo groups and someone there had a LOT of money to spend to go out and purchase the original figurines created with the movie thirty years ago!  Those don't come cheap.

Offline Hrair thlay

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Hrair thlay
    • View Profile
Newbie on the horizon
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 03:06:23 AM »
I don't really have much to say about this, but welcome anyway, hope you enjoy the forum, and by the way, do you RP or not? Just curious.

Offline Indi-Rah

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Indi-Rah
    • View Profile
Newbie on the horizon
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 12:51:56 AM »
Welcome, my fellow writer! I've never posted stories(I have a very... interesting... one in planning >:3), but I've been praised endlessly for skill on other sites. It's great to see you here! ^^
"My chief rabbit told me to defend this run... And until he says otherwise, that's what I'll do."

Offline Owsalfa

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Newbie on the horizon
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 04:27:42 PM »
I don't really have much to say about this, but welcome anyway, hope you enjoy the forum, and by the way, do you RP or not? Just curious.

'Fraid not Hrair thlay. Maybe one day when I've buffed up my writing skills.

Welcome, my fellow writer! I've never posted stories(I have a very... interesting... one in planning >:3), but I've been praised endlessly for skill on other sites. It's great to see you here! ^^

Hey there! Nice to see another writer on the about! There doesn't seem to be many Watership Down writers out there, or at least not where I've been looking!

Welcome Thlayli. :) My guess is you might be thinking of Inle-rah's Warren....
Hmm...Yeah, I think I may of been. It does seem familiar now that I look at it. Not to worry, I'll join in on this site where ever I can. :] Once my fic is finished, I'll be sure to share it with you all! Hopefully you'll like it.
The gal with the goods!
owsalfa.tumblr
previously on-the-down

Offline Embemxrabbit

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Embemxrabbit
    • View Profile
Newbie on the horizon
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 05:01:19 AM »
Hey Thlayli! No, your certainly not alone :) I have a 100,00+ wsd fic on fanfiction.net. I'm so glad to hear your planning on making them public, they are getting rarer these days. Have fun at this warren!
'I'd go with the Black Rabbit if it meant freedom and peace for all of us,' - Blackberry
Warrens of Watership Down

Offline Owsalfa

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Newbie on the horizon
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, guys! :]
The gal with the goods!
owsalfa.tumblr
previously on-the-down

Offline Bigwig

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Bigwig
    • View Profile
Newbie on the horizon
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 07:52:03 PM »
Welcome Thlayli! I look forward to reading your fan fic!
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him will not persih, but have eternal life. John 3:16