Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Ummmm... Yeah... o.o  (Read 466 times)

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by clgpic
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Ummmm... Yeah... o.o
« on: December 07, 2013, 04:34:33 AM »
I forgot about this place for a while, to be honest... My life's taken a rather unfortunate turn, I'm afraid.  But I do want to come back here again... And maybe jump into roleplay sometime soon... Though I've had this recent desire to someday start my own roleplay forum.  Part of the reason I came here was Nepenthes closed down.  I love this place but I still yearn for a more official roleplay.  Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be my strong suit.  xD

If I do join again, it may be with new characters, or revisions of my old ones... Naru and Bral are awful.

And then, I have been CONSIDERING animating Watership Down.  I'm not sure though.  

But yeah, I'm back again, sorry guys.  >.<

I also took a bunch of creative commons images and made a crappy WSD banner recently.  lD

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Ummmm... Yeah... o.o
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 07:35:28 AM »
Hello  :wave We don't know each other (as yet). But I know, how it is to disappear suddenly due to lack of time.

So I say: Welcome to the Honeycomb  :)

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Ummmm... Yeah... o.o
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »
Welcome back, PancakeShiners! :)

Quote from: Quote:on 
I love this place but I still yearn for a more official roleplay.

By official roleplay you mean...?

And then, I have been CONSIDERING animating Watership Down. I'm not sure though.

That sounds like a great idea. Have you been thinking about any specifics of that animation?

I also took a bunch of creative commons images and made a crappy WSD banner recently. lD

Could we see it? :)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Ummmm... Yeah... o.o
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 06:23:33 PM »
Hope you weren't offended by that, Myrkin.  ^^' Suppose that was rude of me to say.
I don't know, I suppose I mean that people tend to start topics, and they don't necessarily have much to do with eachother.  Problem is it seems all WSD roleplay sites have practically died.  It's kinda sad.
The roleplay here is great, don't get me wrong.  ^^'

Specifics? What do you mean exactly?
The biggest problem I'll run into is male voice actors.  And then, finding actors with english accents would be difficult too.  ^^'

Sure.

Photos (c) Graham Horn, Andrew Smith, Simon Carey, Scott Wylie, Alan Stewart, John Yaxley, Jamain, JJ Harrison, Thermos, Peter Trimming, Adele Beeby,
Watership Down (c) Richard Adams

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Ummmm... Yeah... o.o
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »
I wasn't offended at all. I was just curious what this term ("official roleplay") means.  :exactly

I take it from your answer, that official roleplay would be a RP with a whole site devoted to it, where people create one great storyline where everything is connected? Something like at Nepenthes? :)

---

By specifics I meant, if you have a plot for this animation? For example: would it present events from the book or would it be an original story?

And yes, finding a good voice actors would not be an easy task. :D

---

You call this a crappy WSD banner? I have to disagree. It looks really well with those cute rabbits and quote from Bigwig, an Owsla hymn if I remember correctly. ^^
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Ummmm... Yeah... o.o
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 08:07:01 PM »
Yeah.  That's exactly what I mean.  ^^ I plan on starting one down the road...

Ah.  Well, I was thinking on animating the storyline, I would much like to animate a fanfiction sort of thing, but I don't have a story...

Thank you! I suppose it's not too bad, though I do think I should have put Elil in there.  XP

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Ummmm... Yeah... o.o
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 03:18:06 AM »
Welcome back PS. :)  I like he realistic banner and how you've blended several images together.  If time allows, can you make something similar for the forum?  I wouldn't mind having a realistic interpretation at the top at some point in the future.