Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Kehaar & Hannah vs. Skree & Hannah  (Read 806 times)

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Kehaar & Hannah vs. Skree & Hannah
« on: February 19, 2014, 08:52:16 AM »
I think, Kehaar and Hannah are a very good team, also given the fact, that both knew eachother before they met the Watership Down rabbits.

It's also funny, that their friendship becomes stronger because of Bigwig, who always say that gulls and mice are useless - at least in the beginning.

Kehaars farewell from Watership Down was unfortunately staged a little hurried.

---

Now, we come to Skree & Hannah: Of course, they are not such a good team but I think, Skree gives the series an interesting tactical advantage in the fight against Darkhaven.

And I think, the scenes when Skree rushes through the air and Hannah screams angrily to slow down are simple great.

What do you think about them and the partner change?

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:14:25 PM »
Keehar's exit was quick, but expected.  The book had him leave, the movie had him leave, you figure he'd leave eventually.  Now Scree as a replacement I never quite totally understood...I could see Keehar with Hannah as there's a good chance Keehar would not literally eat Hannah so you could essentially see a partnership there.  Scree....not so much.  I never did get used to Scree in the series.

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:48:06 PM »
OK, but remember the construct, the creators build:

Woundwort kills Skrees mother
Pipkin saves Skree
Skree saves Campion

Campion is the connection between the world of the living and the world of the dead. Without him, the Black Rabbit of Inlé never could have entered the world of the living to get Woundwort.

(I believe, the spell calls the Black Rabbit of Inlé, but it only could appear through Campion, Because of that, he has to lead Woundwort to Watership Down, where the spell will be spoken.)

(a little off-topic, I know)

What I want to say: Skrees role in the series is important for the outgoing of the series.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:48:43 PM by Darkling Nocturnal »

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 03:04:37 PM »
The team Kehaar & Hannah is friendly, sociable, cheerful, and always have good coordination can be counted on in any situation.

The team Skree & Hannah's seriousness, short, focuses on the attack, but is stronger and more dangerous than Kehaar.

In my opinion I prefer the first team to be more cooperative and friendly, plus I remember back in the summer gull "Watership Down"

I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Mallow

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Mallow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 05:58:53 PM »
IMHO

Skree & Hannah is a strategic and improvised move. This works well with the Watership Down way of thinking "new ideas for new situations". This is also reflected by human choices during war. Two soldiers, who don't know each other, are paired, and there will be indifference and even objections to the decision. All the same, the choice is made for a reason or purpose against any alternatives to achieve a goal, begging the question: how would the war have been different if Hannah was not paired with Skree?

Kehaar & Hannah is an established bond. Easy rides across the country are explained as fun and proud. Typically used by Watership Down for rescue missions or scouting missions. This makes a friendly theme between the duo that even Bigwig learns to enjoy. If you ever had to work with foreigners who do not understand the English language, you eventually come up with your own language or understanding that makes a bond more special.  :cheers  Kehaar is explained as a foreigner from "big water" in almost every media and his understanding of Hannah is always clearer than the "stoo pid bahnees" This contrast makes the display of their relationship and eventual breakup so potent.

---
If I was a leader of the warren, the decision to place Hannah with Kehaar or Skree would be entirely situational.
BUT if I was Hannah, I would jump on Kehaar every time I had the chance.  :D
So, overall, Kehaar & Hannah win