Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: AOFW remake?  (Read 288 times)

Offline Varjokani

• Shadowrabbit
  • Pipkin
  • Shadowrabbit from Finland - Give snuggles to pass!
    • Show only replies by Varjokani
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • I speak:
Re: AOFW remake?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 07:25:19 PM »
This year is totally the time of remakes if they make this. Some remakes Ive seen are been really bad, like The Jungle Book. I did not like how it tried to be both the Disney version and the book at the same time and I think it failed at both. Then again Watership down did not follow the original plot so much either but was still epic!
But yes Im all in for more animal fantasy. That makes me wonder if anyone would be interested to make Redwall live action movie?
~Varjokani, that darker side of Campion. Plz gimme a hug or I steal ur cookies. Nya |Shadowrabbit dA

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 04:59:52 PM »
^ I'm glad somebody else agrees with me about the recent The Jungle Book. Highly overrated.

I'd be curious to see a Redwall film. I wouldn't want them to cut back on the bloodier aspects, though, and I think it could make it problematic to market right?
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Varjokani

• Shadowrabbit
  • Pipkin
  • Shadowrabbit from Finland - Give snuggles to pass!
    • Show only replies by Varjokani
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • I speak:
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »
Well as the Watership down Netflix remake showed us it does not need to be gore to be scary. Like Bigwig had pretty high kill count there for "kids film".
And yes Jungle book is the reason Im both hyped and scared for the new Lion King adaptiation. They have same director. I got bad feeling about it. But I loved TLK so I just gotta go and see it.
~Varjokani, that darker side of Campion. Plz gimme a hug or I steal ur cookies. Nya |Shadowrabbit dA

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 07:33:37 PM »
I'm afraid I haven't seen The Lion King, The Jungle Book or Animals of Farthing Wood.  I've been wanting to watch the latter for a while but I'm a chronic procrastinator :hawkbit3

The idea of a Redwall film could be interesting, but I don't know.  The TV series a while back did a mostly good job; it would be better if the film focused on another of the books of the series that wasn't already adapted.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
  • Love voice acting in cartoons
    • Show only replies by Magic-Rabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2019, 09:45:48 PM »
The original voice of Fox Rupert Farley has personally told me over text that he would reprise his role in a remake since he has to "pay the bills" as long as he is paid for it he'll realise it.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 09:53:16 PM »
I really can't see them coming back to the original voice actors if they did a new version. Sorry, Rupert.
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 09:55:22 PM »
Well if Rupert and Sally Grace came back that's what AOFW was.

No Rupert and Sally NO Farthing Wood.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 10:57:31 PM »
Most reboots end up casting most or all the roles.  Rupert Farley may be interested in working on a reboot should it happen, but, for better or for worse, the producers would most likely reject that and cast someone else.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2019, 11:05:34 PM »
But Rupert Farley like most actors/voice actors would reprise any role they did in the last if either

1: They are paid the amount required.

2Their voice is still virtually unchanged from when they last voiced their respective roles in the cartoon.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2019, 02:46:41 AM »
Sure.  But if the producers decide to cast someone else, there's little he could do about it.

Either way, I have the feeling that if a remake was produced, they would probably try to tone down the violence of the original, unfortunately..

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2019, 03:17:57 PM »
I don't agree with the censorship of shows that were originally written as a n animal interpretation  of real life in the real world.