Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: The Raid  (Read 320 times)

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
The Raid
« on: March 01, 2015, 09:10:12 AM »
Another great episode of the series.

I said this before, but generally, the episodes on the Nuthanger Farm are really good. Of course, this is due to Tabitha. Maybe it's also the fact, that the danger doesn't emanates only from other animals, but also from humans. And that the rabbits must get their bearings in a manlike environment.

Hazel gets also shot. Very good, that they haven't changed that for the series. I also found it better, that you only hear the shot, but don't see how it hits Hazel. This raises the tension, if he was hit. What I also like, that it's not staged too child-oriented. I mean, they keep the blooday wound in Hazel's hind leg.

Simply: That's another great episode with the spirit of Watership Down  :fiver

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
The Raid
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »
When I think of this episode I remember the scene where Hawkbit steals plants for a bedding for new rabbits from Dandelion, when the latter turns his head towards Keehar. It seems Hawkbit likes to follow that "be cunning and full of tricks" command, when it helps him avoid working. :D However, he isn't subtle enough while pushing the plants towards himself, since Blackberry clearly squints her eyes in disapproval when he does that. Still, she doesn't reprimand him, so I guess it worked out for him in the end.
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
The Raid
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »
In this episode Hazel feels the air of adventure, feeling strong and courageous. Of course they need, the bunnies to play. The introduction of Clover and the other rabbits was very interesting, it shows that they do not care free life outside his cage. As think a caged animal??, in this case a rabbit ?, to take most of his life in feel safe, aspirations and boring sins ... Think this makes me very sad ... I have rabbits I do not like to have them in a cage, so I leave you free in the yard at least 3 days and locked the rest of the week.
FREEDOM FOR RABBITS !!!
Fiver safe again from death to his older brother Hazel thanks to their psychic abilities. Both they love and care. Fiver is elemental undoubtedly to save the life of rabbits in this series.

:kehaar  Love hurts, right?
 :hazel   yes Kehaar ... sometimes.
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)