Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: The Secret of Redstone  (Read 520 times)

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
The Secret of Redstone
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:35:05 PM »
Of course, this is also an important episode. Woundwort arrives in Restone and begins slowly with the takeover.

This episode also shows, that Woundwort has still tactical and leading qualities. When I think at the scene, where he commits the charge Vervain  :D And of course his skills as a reader of tracks. Something, Vervain could only dream of.

And remember the scene, when both get caught by the hunter :D

"This is not my destiny!"
"I'm sick of your destiny!"
 :D

And last but not least, we have Blackberry and Campion. Something, I also like about the third season.

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Claws

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • Show only replies by Claws
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • I speak:
The Secret of Redstone
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 03:45:30 AM »
I don't have that many strong feelings about this one (with some exception, that ended when Season 1 came to an end) but I definitely appreciate another taste of Woundwort's tactical genius -even if his plan is as crude as to disguise himself and Vervain as a pair of lonely wanderers, he still has to "sell" the idea in order for it to work and he excels at it-. Too bad that the episode literally falls to pieces when the whole Blackberry & Campion thing came into play... I'm not a big fan of shippings and the like and that romantic stuff always gets in the way of my enjoyment of the episodes.

But anyway, the bits with Woundwort and Vervain are a delight and I LOVE how the good ol' General plays it safe at first by behaving like a good rabbit for once, before starting to gain Hickory's trust and amassing some power of his very own. That strikes me as the kind of thing he would do.

Bottom line, I think that this is one of the highlights of Season 3 (even if only because of much it would affect future episodes).

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
The Secret of Redstone
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »
This is one of my favorite episodes for many reasons: When Woundwort comes to Redstone instead of taking the hutch by force (as could easily do) the demonstrated their usefulness in finding food, showed her standing in front of a truck value, wanted to fight against dogs and humans ...
That's so EPIC!
When I saw this for the first time, I was very surprised that a rabbit do this. I saw the episode 3 times in a row that day, it was incredible. Only Woundwort!
I also liked the love affair between Campion and Black berry, I consider cute. I also consider to Hicktory and Marygold tender.
A great episode in my opinion.    :blackberry      :campion2
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
The Secret of Redstone
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 03:13:39 PM »
Yes, the idea, that Woundwort takes over Redstone step by step (just to let it get destroyed in the end to get Silverweed) is a brilliant idea by the makers.

It gives the whole story a real epic touch!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:13:57 PM by Darkling Nocturnal »

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)