Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Watership down fanfic ideas  (Read 371 times)

Offline Madrox123

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Madrox123
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Watership down fanfic ideas
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:42:20 AM »
I  Was thinking of doing a pipkin centred story since he's my favourite character  but I don't know where to begin or where to start. If someone has an idea for my next fanfic, I would appreciate this.

I hope it's not too much to ask :(

Offline Sharks Potter

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Sharks Potter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1406646/Sharks_Potter
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 11:15:47 AM »
Greetings!

A Pipkin-centered fanfic sounds like a very good idea, given that he's never actually been portrayed as the protagonist alone - usually, he's the innocent sidekick of Hazel or Bigwig.

How about this: Set sometime during the TV series, curiosity gets the better of him and he ends up getting captured by some human and kept as a pet. During that time, he befriends one of his human captors (preferably a child rather than an adult), who eventually ends up helping him escape. Basically, the story will be about Pipkin undertaking a long adventure through the human world and also learning that sometimes friendship can even be found in your supposedly worst natural enemy...

How's that for a scenario?

On a side note, I've used Pipkin in my WD fanfics The New World, mostly as he's portrayed in the film and series, only he becomes a close friend to a human protagonist who becomes something of a surrogate father to him. In this story he has his fair share of heroic moments. I won't give away important plot points here, but I can tell you, in this universe the rabbits are portrayed as anthropomorphic, so they can communicate with humans (although many of them speak Lapine rather than English, which creates a certain language barrier). If you're looking for inspiration, you might want to check them out on fanfic.net. Any comments are welcome!

Alex
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:25:52 AM by Sharks Potter »

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 04:19:16 PM »
In fact ... it's a great idea, even I want to write. Support the fan fic!
My suggestion is: how he met bats as Darkling. As they became friends.

I hope you serve hehe
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Dragonskull

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Dragonskull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 11:39:58 AM »
I am also think of writing one fic based around of Watership Down. A sequel to the series.
What I am not sure yet is if I am going to continue that supernatural theme from Season 3 or not.
Anyway, I am still thinking of some ideas, but one thing is for sure. I am going to include a character named Dragonskull on the fic :P
Dragonskull, the Warrior with the forgotten name
My warren lost. My Identity of zero importance. All I have is the skull I wear on my head. This gave me my nickname, the name I am now called

Gamer - Writer - Magical Creatures Investigator