Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Another new person.  (Read 423 times)

Offline Lazy Lapine

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Lazy Lapine
    • View Profile
    • http://lazylapine.tumblr.com/
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Another new person.
« on: April 08, 2015, 04:07:35 PM »
Frithaes! I am new to the forum, which is why I am posting here! I found this site through the Webring. I have been trying to the locate "the fandom" for a while now; you guys hide well. I mostly do work with Lapine on my Tumblr. blog, but there's not really a fandom population there. I have read both the books and seen the movie but I have been unable to watch the show, though I may in the future. WD is probably my favourite franchise (is it really a franchise?), but I don't really have anyone to share in it with so I look forward to meeting people!

:celebrate
Nayltezyzay - that's Lazy Lapine in Lapine

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Another new person.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 04:17:35 PM »
Welcome to the warren, Lazy Lapine. It's good to have another person joining us here. :)

Quote from: Lazy Lapine on  
I mostly do work with Lapine on my Tumblr. blog, but there's not really a fandom population there.

What kind of work do you mean? Do you expand Lapine vocabulary with words not found in the books?

WD is probably my favourite franchise (is it really a franchise?),

It sure is. :)

There are also many WSD fans on devianART. That reminds me that I should message more people there about the existence of our forum.
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Claws

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • Show only replies by Claws
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • I speak:
Another new person.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »
Welcome to our warren! :)

Offline Lazy Lapine

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
Another new person.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 04:33:50 PM »
Thanks for the Welcome! And yes I try to make Lapine even more usable. I discovered Lapine BEFORE I even read the book. It was Loganberry's Lapine website and the B&B table top that got me into it. I am a linguistics student (classics) and I am hoping to continue his work. I love Lapine to death >:) and I don't finish many books but I've read WD twice because it's such a neat fantasy world. No elves or dwarfs (not that I hate those) just buns!

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Another new person.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 04:41:11 PM »
Ah, so you are conlinguist then (a person who creates a completely new language or languages that have not previously existed, often for fictional universes), since you are working on developing Lapine? Is it very hard to make up new words that are consistent with what we know about rabbit language? :)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Another new person.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 04:48:29 PM »
Hello and welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb. I venerate everyone, who's able to use Lapine as a language instead of using just some few words.

When I look at the Lapine-Dictionary on my website, compared to the Bits'n'Bobstones-Site :wacko

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Lazy Lapine

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
Another new person.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 05:03:40 PM »
I don't oft make new words from thin air (I never have, yet). I usually do what real languages do! Many, many words we use today are just combinations of very old Greek or Latin words! You take words and combine them or break them apart and then reassemble them differently! It really quite fun, but I take it seriously. The bitsnbobstones website's work is very quality and I try to match and even exceed that. The most important things is maintaining a consistent and universally acceptable language that people could use for fanficiton, poetry, original stories, art, or even to just to communicate for fun!

Of course I absolutely love the story and world itself and I work with Lapine to expand the wonderful universe and vice versa. I think Adam's work deserves as much fame and glory as Tolkien's or Bethesda's.

Thanks for the more welcomes!

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Another new person.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 07:45:38 PM »
The most important things is maintaining a consistent and universally acceptable language that people could use for fanficiton, poetry, original stories, art, or even to just to communicate for fun!

If it doesn't become universally acceptable, then it can become a local dialect of Lapine. IIRC, in the book rabbits from different warrens had different accents, for example.

I think Adam's work deserves as much fame and glory as Tolkien's or Bethesda's.  

Bethesda, as in the video game studio or do you mean something else?

Offline Lazy Lapine

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
Another new person.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »
Well bitsnbobs is already engrained and was once quite popular. Yea the rabbits not only had different accents but different dialects! Each warren is like its own city-state, quite facisnating. All languages evolve and change, even conlangs, so Lapine should too.

Yea Bethesda's Elder Scrolls is a favourite of mine.

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Another new person.
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 08:24:39 PM »
I remember that one scene where Blackavar becomes agitated, which causes his Efrafan accent to be more visible or at least that's what we are told by narrator. I guess dialects from Watership Down and Efrafa would mix in that new warren created by rabbits from both of those places.

Quote from: Quote:on 
Yea Bethesda's Elder Scrolls is a favourite of mine.

I played Skyrim some time ago. There are so many side activities in that game, that you eventually forget what was the main quest. :D Hmm... Then again, it might not be so much the quantity of the sidequests, but the fact it's more interesting (at least, it was that way in my case) to simply explore the land than to follow the main plot.

Offline Lazy Lapine

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
Another new person.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 08:47:51 PM »
Also take for instance the lack of the word "where" in The Warren of Snares and they even had a different Lapine perversion of the word.

I never actually finished the main plot but I am out of side quest.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Another new person.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 08:56:51 PM »
Moderators well hidden this forum as a hutch to protect them from predators. For that reason it is difficult to find this place XD.
In some ways it is an irony.
Welcome to this beautiful full of mischievous rabbits group, Lazy Lapine    :pipkin
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Another new person.
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 09:11:41 PM »
Quote from: Quote:on 
I never actually finished the main plot but I am out of side quest.

Neither did I and I still have many sidequests. Plus there are all those quests/mods made by players.

Offline Lazy Lapine

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
Another new person.
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »
Quote from: ConejoonApr 8 2015, 04:56:51 PM
Moderators well hidden this forum as a hutch to protect them from predators. For that reason it is difficult to find this place XD.
Welcome to this beautiful full of mischievous rabbits group, Lazy Lapine    :pipkin
Mmm secret. No one can leave. We need patrols to conquer other warrens to get the population up. Summon the Council! Is this your designated feeding time?!?!?

That was my impression of Efrafa...

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Another new person.
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 02:30:22 PM »
Quote from: Lazy Lapine on Apr 8 2015, 05:50:49 PM
Quote from: ConejoonApr 8 2015, 04:56:51 PM
Mmm secret. No one can leave. We need patrols to conquer other warrens to get the population up. Summon the Council! Is this your designated feeding time?!?!?

That was my impression of Efrafa...
hehehe here you are in the hills of Watership Down, no war, just fun and bright weather.   :silverweed
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)