Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Tassel  (Read 249 times)

Offline Claws

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • Show only replies by Claws
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • I speak:
Tassel
« on: November 16, 2015, 08:25:22 PM »
Let's talk about everyone's favorite squirrel!

Honestly, since Tassel does actually appear in more than one episode, I think that that alone puts him a step above characters like :hedge and :buttercup , but that's not ENTIRELY what makes him more interesting than those two (although, truth to be told, Buttercup remains as my all-time favorite character on the series. She's just better at what she does). I just think that Tassel's episode is better planned out that most of the other ones.

I mean, SURE, he only meets Hannah because of an incident (she getting lost during a storm) but he does take advantage of his screen time to make for an interesting episode. Besides, he would appear on the battles against Woundwort, so it is not like he was there just to deliver a message that would have felt more at home in something like My Little Pony.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:34:09 PM by Silverweed's Claws »

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Tassel
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 09:03:15 PM »
Quote from: Quote:on 
Honestly, since Tassle does actually appear in more than one episode, I think that that alone puts him a step above characters like :hedge and :buttercup
It totally agree with you (except two things: I thought, Tassel was female :huh and as you already have read it: It's written Tassel, not Tassle ;) )

What makes Tassel great is not only the fact, that she has more than one appearance. She learns Hannah how to climb skilful on trees, which she shall use later during the rescue of Campion, Blackberry and Spartina.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:03:34 PM by Darkling Nocturnal »

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Claws

• Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • I speak:
Tassel
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 09:11:51 PM »
Quote from: Darkling Nocturnal on Nov 16 2015, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: Quote:on 
Honestly, since Tassle does actually appear in more than one episode, I think that that alone puts him a step above characters like :hedge and :buttercup
It totally agree with you (except two things: I thought, Tassel was female :huh and as you already have read it: It's written Tassel, not Tassle ;) )

What makes Tassel great is not only the fact, that she has more than one appearance. She learns Hannah how to climb skilful on trees, which she shall use later during the rescue of Campion, Blackberry and Spartina.

You know? The voice for that particular character falls somewhere in between male and female and I wouldn't know where to place it (plus, it doesn't have eyelashes, which are quite of an important trait for females on the series). And the official Wikipedia for the series has it as "Tassle". So it's open to interpretation, really :P

Glad you agree with me, though :yes

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Tassel
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 09:30:23 PM »
Maybe a castrated male  :pipkin-oh  :bolt

For the name: All animal names in Watership Down are grounded on things (plants, minerals, weather ect.). So it must be Tassel, not Tassle (probably based on Corn Plant Tassels).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:31:19 PM by Darkling Nocturnal »

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Claws

• Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • I speak:
Tassel
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 09:33:38 PM »
Quote from: Darkling Nocturnal on Nov 16 2015, 04:30:23 PM

For the name: All animal names in Watership Down are grounded on things (plants, minerals, weather ect.). So it must be Tassel, not Tassle (probably based on Corn Plant Tassels).

Point made, it must be Tassel after all.

I'll correct that ASAP :yes :tassel