Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Inkscape - A great free vector-graphic program  (Read 331 times)

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Inkscape - A great free vector-graphic program
« on: July 27, 2017, 05:37:01 AM »
I want to introduce to you a fine free software. But first, the story, that brought me to it  :bigwig3 (uncle Bigwig starts to tell).

Fireworks and why it's not usable anymore
I was working with Fireworks 8, which belongs in this version to Macromedia. Since Macromedia was regrated by Adobe, they did what they do best: Making crappy software. And since Fireworks belongs to the Adobe CC (which seems to stand for Crappy Cloud), it's a useless peace of software.

Why am I not working with FW8 anymore, you may ask? Because it supports only 32 Bit and meanwhile (I guess through a huge font-list), it crashes while choosing a font. The problem is, that 32 Bit software only can use about 3,2 GB of RAM instead of my whole 16 GB. So I had to look for an alternative. And this brought me to Inkscape.

Free to use - Practice is necessary
Well, at least for me, this program is a bit complicated, at least when I compare it with fireworks. But maybe, this is only my problem and other people have less problems. But remember: Like OpenOffice, it's free software and you have a giant graphic tool that can use all of your system power for free. So I've decided to rework and create some graphics for the forum. To be precise: Two graphics: Kehaar's ZAP and the contact landing page image.

"And what do I have to do with it?" you may ask
Due to my bad eyes, graphic work has gotten pretty hard for me. Maybe, you have ideas how to improve this forum or you want to create new graphics. Give this software a try. I also can provide you the source files of Kehaar's ZAP and the contact landing page.

And where can I get this software?
Here :) https://inkscape.org

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Inkscape - A great free vector-graphic program
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 03:27:08 PM »
:hannah2 Thank you for sharing this helpful Resource with us, dear. I hope we can make use of it in our endeavors towards Art, Etc. *Hugs*