Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: [Song Discussion] The End Titles (and conclusion)  (Read 802 times)

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
[Song Discussion] The End Titles (and conclusion)
« on: November 07, 2015, 07:36:46 AM »
(Originally written by Hawkbit)

This culmination of themes from the film reflect on the travel theme, the sad theme of losing Violet in the field, the presumed death of Hazel at Nuthanger Farm, the bridge of the Bright Eyes song as presented in the film, and finally, Keehar’s theme.

With a running time of 40:57 total, Watership Down is not a long score by far, but is very strong thematically with multiple reprises of the travel theme used when searching for Watership Down. Perhaps it’s a metaphor for finding a peaceful lifestyle and the constant reprising shows that it takes time to develop or find such a paradise, if ever found at all. You’re left to your own interpretation of course, but in the meantime, enjoy this powerful orchestral score in all its glory.

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Re: [Song Discussion] The End Titles (and conclusion)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 05:46:57 PM »
When somebody years back did a trade with me - I drew them a picture and they sent me two tracks from the WD soundtrack - this was one I picked because it contains a segment from a few of the best tracks and is my most listened to WD track after 'Bright Eyes (and Interlude)'. :D
Here lies a signature that has little point.