Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: There is no Snarred Warren spin-off story or prequel....or is there?  (Read 555 times)

Offline PaxEmpiricae

• Saurian
  • Hlessi
  • Adventure?! Where?! Sign me up!
    • Show only replies by PaxEmpiricae
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Was wondering if there was a a spinoff or prequel story regarding the Snarred Warren? The one where Bigwig nearly died.
"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtains of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver grass, and then you see it...White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise"

~ Gandalf the Wizard, the Wise

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: There is no Snarred Warren spin-off story or prequel....or is there?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 08:02:31 AM »
I'm afraid not.  Even in TFWD, the warren only gets two very brief mentions.
Spoiler: ShowHide
  • Fiver's feelings were always right, including at that warren.
  • Silverweed was crazy, but Flyairth isn't.

There are a few fanfics, but as far as I know, only one of could qualify as a prequel, and barely: "The Children of Prince Rainbow", in which Silverweed tells a very twisted tale that also insults the Watershippers.

A few other ones I enjoyed:
  • Tales of Shining Wire: after his family is brutally murdered, the farmer moves away and the snares vanish from the warren.  The rabbits (mostly OCs) struggle to adapt to a normal life.  It was never finished, and the spelling can be pretty bad at times.
  • The Poison Tree: a one-shot about Laburnum, the rabbit responsible for the shapes.
  • Silverweed by Night: Silverweed meets the Black Rabbit.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!