Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Poll

What do you think about writing stories about un-canonical pairings?

If they will be written well, then I have nothing against them. ;)
4 (57.1%)
I'm not really interested in any romantic stories.
1 (14.3%)
Let's stay canon. Why write something that didn't happen?
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Non-canonical couples  (Read 4728 times)

Offline MightyFiver

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by MightyFiver
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »
AAGH, sorry Speedwell!  (Backs away sheepishly into a darker area of the warren.)  I'll have to read some of your fanfiction!  :D

Offline Speedwell

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Speedwell
    • View Profile
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »
I don't heavily advertise the other two accounts as I'm not quite as serious about writing well on those. xD
And no, don't be scurred! *offers squirrel treat* come back out plz, I din mean to act offensively. I was just being ostentatious and silly.
Sometimes my actions are a tad bit strong. :P

Quote from: Quote:on 
I guess it would be a long road for them, from being "one charismatic brutal and a bit insane leader, and one cowardly servant, who is ordered around by the former" to becoming "a couple of very good friends with a chance for romantic love between them". A very long road.

I don't think I could ever see Woundwort and Vervain as much of a romantic lovey couple, but they could definitely fall into some sort of abusive or BDSM couple. :P The roles of the Dominant and Submissive being obvious.
And the idea of those two together isn't too much of a long throw, after their scenes together in Redstone Warren or the hunter's sack. ;)

Offline MightyFiver

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by MightyFiver
    • View Profile
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »
Quote from: Speedwell on Jun 19 2012, 05:25:41 PM
And no, don't be scurred! *offers squirrel treat* come back out plz, I din mean to act offensively. I was just being ostentatious and silly.
Sometimes my actions are a tad bit strong. :P

I don't think I could ever see Woundwort and Vervain as much of a romantic lovey couple, but they could definitely fall into some sort of abusive or BDSM couple. :P The roles of the Dominant and Submissive being obvious.
And the idea of those two together isn't too much of a long throw, after their scenes together in Redstone Warren or the hunter's sack. ;)
OK Speedwell, thanks! Yummy treat, by the way.   ;)

And I was joking when I suggested Woundwort and Vervain.

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »
What about Campion and Primrose? Campion had clearly some feeling for Primrose, so one can wonder if there was a chance they could end up together and would happen if they did?
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Speedwell

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 09:09:53 PM »
I felt so sorry for Campion. :/ Like he loved Primrose and protected her while she was in Efrafa and everything, and she just goes and leaves him when Hazel comes in like some hotshot talking out his pooper about freedom and love and everything. I don't know why Campion didn't hate Hazel.

But at least he found Blackberry as a result. ^_^

Same story for Dandelion. He goes out for a girl and Hawkbit comes in like some butthole and takes her away, while it doesn't seem that Hawkbit is too ready for a relationship. In my mind it's like he only wants Clover because she's the only socket available to plug himself into the night before he thinks he may very well die. Maybe Dandelion's motives were similar, but at least Dandelion seemed to be more sensitive and looking for more in relationships than Hawkbit.

TL;DR: It shoulda been Dandelion and Clover.

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »
Well... I can think of one or two reasons why Primrose would want to leave Efrafa with Hazel, than to stay there with Campion.

The first one would be the fact, that she was brought to Efrafa against her will. As I recall she was kidnapped from Redstone Warren (more likely from its surrounding area, since Woundwort would probably attack this warren, if he knew its exact location) by one of Vervain's raiding parties or something like that. Thoughts of home was the main thing that kept Primrose going while she was in Efrafa and after she regained her freedom she almost immediately traveled back to Redstone. Even though she was quite content living on Watership Down.

The second reason: Primrose was practically a prisoner in Efrafa (every non-Owsla rabbit was). She wasn't allowed to leave the warren and if she tried to excape she would probably be killed after being caught. Almost every element of her life was controled by Owsla. She could only feed at assigned time and spot. When not on silflay she had to stay in her burrow, which must had limited any occasions to socialize with other rabbits (except those, who would sleep in the same burrow). I don't think many would want to stay in Efrafa when there was an alternative.

Campion was a decent rabbit, but nevertheless he was part of the system that was imprisoning Primrose and making her life miserable. Even if she chose Campion, even if the mate of Owsla officer could get a slightly better life in Efrafa, she would still be prisoner. Just a prisoner in bigger cage.

---

Same story for Dandelion. He goes out for a girl and Hawkbit comes in like some butthole and takes her away, while it doesn't seem that Hawkbit is too ready for a relationship. In my mind it's like he only wants Clover because she's the only socket available to plug himself into the night before he thinks he may very well die.

Didn't they fought over a Heather, a doe from Efrafa? I don't think Dandelion ever showed any interest in Clover and Heather left Watership Down with Moss.

As for Hawkbit's motivation for wanting Clover... This subplot didn't get enough time (it's the end of the series, so I guess it couldn't be helped) to show us, if Hawkbit was courting Clover just to have sex with her or if he really wanted to have a serious relationship. However, I'm willing to believe it was the latter. ;)

TL;DR: It shoulda been Dandelion and Clover.

You can always write a fanfic, where they end up together. :)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Speedwell

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »
Whoa. Most misinformed post I have ever written. Yeah, it was Heather. Nevermind that rant.
STILL. Dandelion needs some loving.

And Primrose, though she hurt Campion, did make a good choice to leave. I was only pointing out that if I were Campion I would have punched Hazel. :P

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 06:21:13 PM »
Dandelion needs some loving.

Yes, they all do.

I was only pointing out that if I were Campion I would have punched Hazel. :P

Ah, I guess that would be quite understandable. I suspect Campion didn't do that, because Hazel helped him a bit in episode with the greenhouse. ;)

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 05:54:54 PM »
I never read fan fics romantic Watership Down.
But if I am very interested to read them.
I want to read!

YEA  :exactly  Soooo lovely bunnys.
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 10:03:17 PM »
Heh. :D Hawkbit seems to be thinking:

"It's nice, but does he really have to do this in front of others?"

Offline Claws

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • Show only replies by Claws
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • I speak:
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2015, 12:20:04 AM »
I can almost hear Bigwig screaming something like "For the love of... you're Owsla! *pawpalm*" :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:20:28 AM by Silverweed's Claws »

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 04:25:30 PM »
Yeah. For him hugging is pointless unless it's used to strangle your opponent. :p

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 04:40:49 PM »
But hugging can save lives:

:D

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline Claws

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • Show only replies by Claws
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • I speak:
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »
Quote from: Darkling Nocturnal on Jan 24 2015, 11:40:49 AM

:spit  :spit  :spit

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Non-canonical couples
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2015, 08:45:02 PM »
Quote from: Myrkin on Jan 23 2015, 05:03:17 PM
Heh. :D Hawkbit seems to be thinking:

"It's nice, but does he really have to do this in front of others?"

Dandelion: there is nothing wrong, we are friends!
Hawkbit: oh yeah ... friends.

Quote from: Darkling Nocturnal on Jan 24 2015, 11:40:49 AM

Actually I prefer this.

I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)