Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: WD miniseries: where to watch  (Read 32604 times)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
WD miniseries: where to watch
« on: December 16, 2018, 12:47:24 AM »
The WD miniseries has been released!  This thread provides a quick reference guide for where it can be watched, depending on your area.

• Worldwide
  • China
  • Home media?
  • Other methods

The international distribution rights for the miniseries belong to Netflix.

The miniseries has been released worldwide (except in the UK and Ireland) at this link on 23 December 2018, around midnight PST:

https://www.netflix.com/title/80107989

The miniseries was released at the link above in the UK and Ireland on 1 March 2019.

About Netflix + subscription notes: ShowHide
Netflix is an Internet streaming service, that allows people to watch films and TV series in any modern Internet browser.  Apps are available for smart TVs, gaming consoles, smartphones, and other devices.

Netflix is available worldwide, except in Crimea, North Korea, Syria, and mainland China.

A Netflix subscription will be required to watch the miniseries.  Three types of subscriptions are available: basic, standard, and premium.  All three plans provide access to the entire Netflix library, including the miniseries; however, standard or premium will be required to watch it in HD.

The cost of a Netflix subscription depends on the country; however, a 30-day free trial is available.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 08:25:35 PM by Chipster-roo »
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline dustnik

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by dustnik
    • View Profile
Re: WD miniseries: where to watch
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 07:07:34 AM »
I just found out about this mini-series which I would have to watch on Netflix, as I live in the US. Do you know if all the episodes (how many are there?) are available now or are they released once a week? Also, if you've seen it, what was your opinion? I'd love to know. Thank you, and Merry Christmas.

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by Hammy
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 07:10:01 AM »
I just found out about this mini-series which I would have to watch on Netflix, as I live in the US. Do you know if all the episodes (how many are there?) are available now or are they released once a week? Also, if you've seen it, what was your opinion? I'd love to know. Thank you, and Merry Christmas.
They've all been released at once and have been available from yesterday at midnight PST. As for opinions on the series, check out the thread WSD Mini-Series-How was it? thread on this same board. You'll find non-spoiler and spoiler opinions there.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:25:59 PM »
Update: the WD miniseries has been added to Netflix in the UK and Ireland, making it available worldwide.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hazel
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 04:50:29 PM »
I'm really glad it's available worldwide. It's going to introduce so many people to the beauty of WD.
"People’s souls are like gardens. You can’t turn your back on someone because his garden’s full of weeds. You have to give him water and lots of sunshine."

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 06:29:46 PM »
... And hopefully encourage them to read the book and watch the film! :D
Here lies a signature that has little point.