Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Orchis and Nettle  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by Hammy
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Re: Orchis and Nettle
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2019, 12:22:59 AM »
I mean, that's as good a reason as any, far as I'm concerned. I've turned around worse characters.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 12:25:08 AM »
It would have been great if the Vervain + Orchis relationship had been explored more.  But Vervain was killed off in the same episode he first appeared in...
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 12:29:10 AM »
But Vervain was killed off in the same episode he first appeared in...
I'm still bitter about that.

Look how they massacred my  boy.

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2019, 12:31:59 AM »
But Vervain was killed off in the same episode he first appeared in...
I'm still bitter about that.

Look how they massacred my  boy.
Same.

It was a trainwreck.
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 12:33:03 AM »

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2019, 12:34:54 AM »
O_O

Vervain is so strong that he should perhaps have caused the train to derail.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2019, 12:37:40 AM »
Vervain is so strong that he should perhaps have caused the train to derail.
If anyone can do it, Vervain can.

But to get back on track, yes it was a pity they didn't explore it more. First time watching I didn't even realize at first that they were brothers or that it was Vervain that had died.
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Carnation264

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Carnation264
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2019, 12:41:42 AM »
Well if he did die, at least he didn't die in vain amiright? no? I'm not funny? Okay back in the void for me XD
Too much art in paws
She/her, they/them, and any pronouns that isn't he/him and it/its.

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2019, 12:43:12 AM »
Well if he did die, at least he didn't die in vain amiright? no? I'm not funny? Okay back in the void for me XD
:vervain2
I approve

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2019, 12:43:35 AM »
These puns are punishing.

Offline Carnation264

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Carnation264
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2019, 12:45:52 AM »
These puns are punishing.
What, are they too punny for you? :D
Too much art in paws
She/her, they/them, and any pronouns that isn't he/him and it/its.

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2019, 12:47:50 AM »

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019, 10:20:39 PM »
Orchis and Nettle? If it started before Orchis joined Owsla or before Woundwort's New Warren Order™️, then I could see a possibility for genuine relationship. After that I would have doubts whether Nettle interacts with Orchis out of attraction on her part or is it another action that serves her survival. After all, a doe in Efrafa can't exactly refuse advances of officer who decides to pursue relationship with her. Especially one like Orchis, who makes other Owsla officers nervous.  :blink
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2019, 08:35:29 PM »
I was mainly thinking about it in case Nettle were a not-so-nice rabbit. Since in comparison to Nelthilta in the book, Nettle's betrayal is deliberate. She says it was to help the does when she apologizes to Hyzenthlay but for some reason, even the first time around, that never felt genuine to me. I immediately thought she was lying. Still, she must have felt some regret since she clearly knew Hyzenthlay's plan because she was waiting at right exit. And yet she didn't try to leave with them but instead stayed in Efrafa.

I think it would be interesting if she had some underlying, selfish motive for it. Like, for example, being jealous of Hyzenthlay because she is seen as the leader of the does. A sort of crush on Orchis could play into that as well. And I can completely see Orchis taking advantage of both of those things. I do think, given what we're shown, it seems highly unlikely it could ever be a genuine relationship, if any at all. But I find it an interesting thought, nevertheless.

Orchis and Nettle? If it started before Orchis joined Owsla or before Woundwort's New Warren Order™️, then I could see a possibility for genuine relationship.
That's actually the main reason I made Orchis and Rain childhood friends in my fic^^ I had it different at first but it was really hard to believe Orchis would care for any rabbit he hadn't known since kittenhood and had a previous bond with.

Also, off-topic, but that TM gave me a silly image of Vervain trying to sell Woundwort's warren order to other warrens, like a door-to-door salesman xd

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2019, 09:29:15 PM »
Nettle being jealous of Hyzenthlay is quite an interesting possibility.  You also make a valid point that Nettle's apology might not have been sincere.  But she is never seen again after the escape >_<

Looking forward to reading more from this fanfic ;)

Also, off-topic, but that TM gave me a silly image of Vervain trying to sell Woundwort's warren order to other warrens, like a door-to-door salesman xd
Are you unsatisfied with the current state of your warren?  Elil everywhere?  Foolish outskirters endangering everyone's safety?  Not enough kittens?  Don't you just wish there was a way to improve the situation?

WELL NOW THERE IS!!!

Introducing Woundwort's New Warren Order™️, the new way to run a warren safely and efficiently!  Pioneered by the famous general Woundwort in his warren of Efrafa™️, Woundwort's New Warren Order™️ is guaranteed to fix all the problems with your warren.

With the strong and well-trained Owsla™️, no need to worry about elil anymore!  Soon, the elil will stop chasing you, and be chased by you instead!  Worried about rabbits leaving your warren?  The Owsla™️ can also track down runaways and bring them back home.

Our carefully designed Mark System™️ will astound you!  No need to worry about too many rabbits above ground at once anymore, and our precise Silflay Schedules™️ are guaranteed to improve everyone's food intake!

Interested?  Call now, and get Woundwort's New Warren Order™️ for the low low price of 10 carrots!  BUT WAIT!  THERE'S MORE!!!  Call now, and get one Creepy Owsla Officer™️ absolutely FREE!

(Woundwort's New Warren Order™️ is © General Woundwort, violators will be punished with random maimings.   General Woundwort is not liable for any mass rebellions and sneaky escape plans that may occur as a result of Woundwort's New Warren Order™️)