Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Orchis and Nettle  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: Orchis and Nettle
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2019, 06:52:37 PM »
I haven't checked myself but if I remember correctly I believe Nettle's page on the wikia mentioned that she can be seen below in the pit when Woundwort addresses his officers. If so, staying was obviously not the best choice. Not sure if Orchis knew Nettle knew or if he simply had no more need for her and someone had to be punished. I guess for Nettle the result was pretty much the same either way.

I'm working on that fic right now actually.  :orchis3

Are you unsatisfied with the current state of your warren?  Elil everywhere?  Foolish outskirters endangering everyone's safety?  Not enough kittens?  Don't you just wish there was a way to improve the situation?

WELL NOW THERE IS!!!

Introducing Woundwort's New Warren Order™️, the new way to run a warren safely and efficiently!  Pioneered by the famous general Woundwort in his warren of Efrafa™️, Woundwort's New Warren Order™️ is guaranteed to fix all the problems with your warren.

With the strong and well-trained Owsla™️, no need to worry about elil anymore!  Soon, the elil will stop chasing you, and be chased by you instead!  Worried about rabbits leaving your warren?  The Owsla™️ can also track down runaways and bring them back home.

Our carefully designed Mark System™️ will astound you!  No need to worry about too many rabbits above ground at once anymore, and our precise Silflay Schedules™️ are guaranteed to improve everyone's food intake!

Interested?  Call now, and get Woundwort's New Warren Order™️ for the low low price of 10 carrots!  BUT WAIT!  THERE'S MORE!!!  Call now, and get one Creepy Owsla Officer™️ absolutely FREE!

(Woundwort's New Warren Order™️ is © General Woundwort, violators will be punished with random maimings.   General Woundwort is not liable for any mass rebellions and sneaky escape plans that may occur as a result of Woundwort's New Warren Order™️)
This is beautiful  :vervain2 I want this on poster or something so I can hang it my wall. I want to see an actual tv teleshopping thing for this even more.
I feel so tempted to make it but it would take skill and time why
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline CockatielPony

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2019, 03:18:03 AM »
I was confused why Nettle didn't escape with the other rabbits when she was standing right outside the exit where they were escaping. She might have not thought their plan would not succeed, and if she ran away with bigwig and the does and got caught, she would probably have been killed.
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2019, 03:01:57 AM »
I haven't checked myself but if I remember correctly I believe Nettle's page on the wikia mentioned that she can be seen below in the pit when Woundwort addresses his officers.
I went back to watch that scene.  Assuming this is the right one:

Well that's dark.  While there are clearly rabbits down that pit, I don't think I could identify any of them...

But assuming she is there, this would strongly imply that she became a prisoner following the escape.  Considering how she spread false information given by Hyzenthlay, Orchis probably wouldn't trust her anymore.

Considering the horrible conditions Efrafan prisoners are kept in, this would probably result in a slow and painful death for her.  It probably would be less painful for her if some random officer simply executed her instead, as implied by Hyzenthlay.

This is beautiful  :vervain2 I want this on poster or something so I can hang it my wall. I want to see an actual tv teleshopping thing for this even more.
Thank you :vervaincarrot

I was confused why Nettle didn't escape with the other rabbits when she was standing right outside the exit where they were escaping. She might have not thought their plan would not succeed, and if she ran away with bigwig and the does and got caught, she would probably have been killed.
I'm rather confused too.  As Inlé-roo points out, she would probably have been killed any way.  I can't blame Hyzenthlay for leaving her behind; several of the Sandleford gangs wanted to leave Strawberry behind too, in all adaptations.  But, unlike Strawberry, Nettle didn't make a desperate plea for a second chance.  This is what confuses me.

I need to watch this again...

she would probably have been killed.
Sadly she's probably dead. In the second episode Hyzenthlay said Holly they destroy everyone who felt behind. And at the chimney it was a really honest moment when Nettle said She didn't gave any name to them. With that was another great moment when Hyzen discovered the truth about Nettle she wasn't angry more like really sad and disappointed because she know that Nettle gonna die. Back to the chimney escape scene, she decided to left her because she lied in front of her. That's a sad scene but honest, no one needs a lier.  :nettle

I like her character (aka Nelthilta) but in the miniseries I feel her more understandable rather in the book. She made some bad choices but deep inside shes a good rabbit. Just wanted keep safety to her friends and family instead in the book she just shows off...
Kinda sad for Nettle though.  It kinda seemed like she was remorseful, but she did lie again...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 10:28:36 PM by Chipster-roo »
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!