Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Writing Event #7: Summer fun!  (Read 595 times)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Writing Event #7: Summer fun!
« on: August 04, 2020, 01:57:17 AM »
It has been a few months since the last writing event; here is another one :pipkin

As with previous writing events, all types of creative writing are allowed: original stories, fanfics (for WD or another fandom) and poetry.  Here are some keywords you can use (thanks to @Crackers for these): heat, laughter, running, sunshine, water.  Feel free to use as many or as few keywords as you wish.

Additional rules:
  • There are no word count limits: your entry can be as short or as long as you wish.
  • This is not a contest, and there will be no prizes.
  • The deadline is at the end of the month, 31 August 2020.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :bluebell Have fun everyone! :fiver
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Re: Writing Event #7: Summer fun!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 07:12:23 PM »
very good ! I'll think of something for this event = 3    :hawkbit
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

• Fiver
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 08:10:30 PM »
I thought I would not do anything, but in 2 hours I managed to write something that has strongly inspired me. I leave it here ^^
I just emphasize that the translation from Spanish to English is forced. Hope it's understandable.
Enjoy it!

Spoiler: ShowHide

Spanish to English, forced translation.

A nice day with Hawkbit ...       :irony     :wub :wub :wub :wub

It was a nice day at Watership down, great for all the rabbits because a day off was forecast for them due to an initiative created by Fiver so that they can relax and have fun without having to worry about Wountwort, work, Owsla, etc. No, this time they would only have fun, play, eat or whatever they wanted to do with the freedom that was granted to them. Inside the burrow "the Honeycomb" there was a game called "Owslafa" which is something like cops and robbers, but more complicated, and still fun. Others ate on the surface or rested.

In some secluded and hidden corner, was the grumpiest rabbit in the den: Hawkbit. No one was with him, he just ate the lettuce he had gotten from a raid on the Nuttanger farm. Acacia suddenly appears among the bushes, disturbing the peace of the place.

- Hello Hawkbit! I've been looking everywhere for you. So is this your secret hiding place or something?
- Ugh… It was until a moment ago.
- I'm bothering you?
- What do you think?
- Well, I think you need company.
- Well not now, that's why I hid. I'm angry, so go.
"Ho come on friend, let me be with you" he sticks to the side. Tell me what bothers you, I'm all ears.
- Mrrhh I don't even know you, you're one of the new outsiders who came to stay, right? You should go bother someone else.
- I brought carrots! Acacia discovers some behind the bushes. They're for you.
- ... If you think you can buy me ... - Hawkbit complains, but the sweet smell makes him change his mind - ... Ugh, okay, you can stay, but that's not why I like you. What do you want? - Start eating.
- I'd like to talk to you.
- Why?
- I want to know you more.
- You're weird.
- Thank you.
- What do you want to talk about?
- Why are you here alone?
- He has! They are nonsense.
- Luckily for you, I love nonsense "Especially if it comes from you x3"
"Uhg, well ... It's just that things didn't go well on the farm raid." I wanted to enjoy vegetables, but Bigwig won't leave me alone: ​​"Hawkbit do this, Hawkbit do that." All you do is give me orders, it's a big hassle, if you would just leave me alone once, I'd really appreciate it. Then there is the fact that I am still being teased for wearing a stupid hat that helped lift my floppy ears, due to an accident at Owsla practice with Flyarth. Blackberry fix it, but they still keep laughing behind my back, among other things. It's like it's everyone's mockery ... What are you doing? - Acacia was licking the grumpy bunny's head and ears.
- I'm comforting you.
- Why? I don't even know you.
- Because you need it. If you came here to be alone, it is because even Dandelion has bothered you and does not understand you, ”explains the desert rabbit, while still comforting him with caresses. Do you want me to stop?
-……… No… For now continue… You are weird.
- Thank you.

And so, Hawkbit continues to tell his frustrations before that stranger, while he was loving him. Without realizing it, this helped him feel better and more relaxed, even happy. It was something that served as therapy to vent to someone, before his relaxed desert friend. Almost without realizing it, the two slept together, side by side for the rest of the afternoon. Acacia especially seemed very pleased to be next to her favorite grumpy bunny. Things went smoothly.

The next morning…

- Hey Hawkbit, where were you yesterday? Asks his friend Dandelion next to Bluebell. I was looking for you to go to Silflay, even if the grass was dry, we would have gone in search of fresher grass.
- I was just ... It took the stress off me. Today I feel much better, ”says Hawkbit happily for a change. Do you want to play for a while before they call us at the Owsla?
- Sure if friend!

The group of rabbits starts running happily, while Acacia watches in the distance, resting lying on the ground. She eats a dandelion that she shares with Fiver and Silverweed.

"You are very considerate Acacia," says the silver rabbit, "normally he's in a bad mood. What did you do?"
"I was only by her side ..." answers the desert rabbit chewing on the flower. Yummy ^^

End.

In Spanish

Un día lindo con Hawkbit…

Era un lindo dia en Watership down, magnifico para todos los conejos porque se pronostico un dia libre para ellos debido a una iniciativa creada por Fiver para que se relajen y diviertan sin tener que preocuparse por Wountwort, el trabajo, la Owsla, etc. No, esta vez solo se divertirían, jugarían, comerían o lo que quisieran hacer con la libertad que les fue concedida. Dentro de la madriguera “el Honeycomb” había un juego llamado “Owslafa” que es algo como policías y ladrones, pero mas complicado, y aun asi divertido. Otros comían en la superficie o descansaban.

En algún rincón apartado y oculto, se encontraba el conejo más gruñón de la madriguera: Hawkbit. Nadie lo acompañaba, tan solo se limitaba a comer lechuga que había conseguido en un asalto a la granja de Nuttanger. De pronto aparece Acacia entre los arbustos, perturbando la paz del lugar.

— ¡Hola Hawkbit! Te he estado buscando por todos lados ¿Asi que este es tu escondite secreto o algo asi?
— Ugh… Lo era hasta hace un momento.
— ¿te estoy molestando?
— ¿Tu qué crees?
— Pues yo creo que necesitas compañía.
— Pues no ahora, por eso me escondí. Estoy enojado, asi que fuera.
— Ho vamos amigo, déjame estar contigo —se le pega a un lado—. Cuéntame que te molesta, soy todo oídos.
— Mrrhh Ni siquiera te conozco, eres uno de los forasteros nuevos quien vino a quedarse ¿Cierto? Deberías ir a molestar a alguien más.
— ¡Traje zanahorias! —Acacia descubre algunas detrás de los arbustos—. Son para ti.
—… Si crees que puedes comprarme… — Se queja Hawkbit, pero el dulce olor lo hace cambiar de idea—… Ugh, está bien, puedes quedarte, pero no por eso me caes bien ¿Qué quieres? — Empieza a comer.
— Me gustaría platicar contigo.
— ¿Por qué?
— Quiero conocerte más.
— Eres raro.
— Gracias.
— ¿De qué quieres hablar?
— ¿Por qué estás aquí solo?
— ¡Ha! Son tonterías.
— Para tu fortuna, a mí me encantan las tonterías «En especial si vienen de ti x3»
— Uhg, pues… Es solo que las cosas no salieron bien en la incursión a la granja. Yo quería disfrutar de los vegetales, pero Bigwig no me deja en paz: “Hawkbit has esto, Hawkbit has lo otro”. Lo único que hace es darme órdenes, es una gran molestia, si tan solo me dejara en paz una vez, se lo agradecería mucho. Luego está el hecho de que aún se burlan de mi porque utilice un estúpido sombrero que me ayudo a levantar mis orejas caídas, debido a un accidente en los entrenamientos del Owsla con Flyarth. Blackberry lo arreglo, pero aún se siguen riendo a mis espaldas, entre otras cosas. Es como si fuera la burla de todos… ¿Qué estás haciendo? — Acacia estaba lamiendo la cabeza y orejas del conejito Gruñón.
— Te estoy consolando.
— ¿Por qué? Ni te conozco.
— Porque lo necesitas. Si viniste aquí para estar solo, es porque incluso Dandelion te ha molestado y no te comprende —explica el conejo desertico, mientras lo sigue consolando con caricias—. ¿Quieres que me detenga?
—… … … No… Por ahora continua… Eres raro.
— Gracias.

Y así, Hawkbit sigue contando sus frustraciones ante aquel extraño, mientras este le hacia cariño. Sin darse cuenta, esto le ayudaba a sentirse mejor y más relajado, incluso feliz. Era algo que le servía como terapia para desahogarse con alguien, ante su relajado amigo desértico. Casi sin darse cuenta, ambos durmieron juntos, el uno al lado del otro el resto de la tarde. Acacia sobre todo parecía muy contento de estar al lado de su conejito gruñón preferido. Las cosas se desarrollaron de manera tranquila.

A la mañana siguiente…

— Oye Hawkbit ¿Dónde estabas ayer? —Pregunta su amigo Dandelion junto a Bluebell—. Te buscaba para ir a Silflay, aunque el pasto estuviese seco, habríamos ido en busca de hierba mas fresca.
— Solo estaba… Me quitaba el estrés de encima. Hoy me siento mucho mejor —contesta contento Hawkbit para variar—. ¿Quieres jugar un rato antes de que nos llamen en la Owsla?
— ¡Seguro que si amigo!

El grupo de conejos se pone a correr feliz, mientras Acacia observa a lo lejos, descansando acostado en el suelo. Come un diente de león que comparte con Fiver y Silverweed.

— Eres muy considerado Acacia —dice el conejo de plata—, normalmente esta de mal humor ¿Qué hiciste?
— Solo estuve a su lado… —contesta el conejo desertico masticando la flor—. Yummy ^^

Fin.

I love Watership Down!

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 02:22:13 AM »
@Acacia Heartstrings
I'm very late, but this was a very cute story! :hawkbit3 I love the way you portrayed Hawkbit, and it's nice to see him happy, thanks to in-universe Acacia.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

• Fiver
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 07:10:00 AM »
It was a real pleasure to write, there was a lot of inspiration x3   :hawkbit3 :wub :wub :wub :wub
I love Watership Down!