Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Japanese TV Promo found!  (Read 177 times)

Offline Owsalfa

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Owsalfa
    • View Profile
    • http://owsalfa.tumblr.com
  • Favorite WD media: The series
Japanese TV Promo found!
« on: July 22, 2022, 08:07:02 PM »
Chipster-roo messaged me recently with information on the show in other languages after I expressed wishes to find and archive them along with all the other stuff I'm doing. They said that the show aired on Cartoon Network Japan between 2003 - 2005, and while digging around for videos, I found a clip!

Now the original link isn't working for me right now, despite it just being the other day I found it, but I did download it. The original clips audio appears to of been pitched and has irrelvant sound effects in it for some reason, but I put it into an editing program and I got it back up to a normal pitch.

Found on this site: http://www.todaypk.video/

ORIGINAL:
https://mega.nz/file/Sh8nDRrQ#1fi-LWCxdR7g2d720i4tmNDMl-g3yqArPcTh_dkTHeY

FIXED VERSION:
https://mega.nz/file/HgMDyBRZ#6HzMumfZ4FEnEk8SSkPdXnJGr_3wn3YrjZl1xamjCFg

Now, as I don't speak Japanese, it could well be that the audio has nothing to do with the video. I'm looking for a translator to help translate it and found out whether thats the case. (If you can help, please message me or reply here!!) Even if this turns out to be true, the video clip is still nice. I love the animation on the compass is nice, and I like how they have little headshots of the characters on it. (Though the compass animation isn't new, its just nice how its been used here!)

I will be uploading the clips to my youtube account soon, I'd like to get it translated first if possible though!

owsalfa.tumblr

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Re: Japanese TV Promo found!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 02:53:28 AM »
This is incredible, totally unexpected. I didn't know that Watership down was ever broadcast in Japan. It even gives me the feeling that it could be an anime hehehe.
Although unfortunately I doubt that it was popular there compared to other action series or competing with other series from that country that are more striking like Happy Happy Clover that are also rabbits, but that series did not last long...

Very impressive that allan managed to find this piece of history. I'm still looking for WD the 2000 series in Spanish. It's supposed to exist, and I won't stop trying to find it.

I hope that one day they do a WD series in Japanese, it would be amazing!  :silverweed3
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 02:56:48 AM by Acacia Heartstrings »
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 06:23:22 PM »
Very nice find, Owsalfa!

The use of the compass is indeed very nice.  Kinda makes me wish the characters had appeared on it in the regular intro...

@Chibiscuit speaks Japanese and might perhaps be able to translate what is being said.

Perhaps, one day, a full WD anime could be done, that would be very interesting.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 11:47:58 AM »
Oh interesting! I didn't know it was ever broadcast in Japan either. Now I want to see it in Japanese...!

And yes, I'd love to help with translating! I'll have a look at it when I can (probably this weekend) and see what I can do. (On phone right now so can't DL the clip yet to check)
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Owsalfa

• Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 07:53:59 PM »
Oh interesting! I didn't know it was ever broadcast in Japan either. Now I want to see it in Japanese...!

And yes, I'd love to help with translating! I'll have a look at it when I can (probably this weekend) and see what I can do. (On phone right now so can't DL the clip yet to check)

Thats awesome! Thank you. Do it when you have time!
owsalfa.tumblr

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 08:03:16 AM »
I had a look at it last night and seems like I won't have to. It is as you said it might be, the voice over has nothing to do with the clip or Watership Down. It's simply talking about what shows will air on Cartoon Network. Perhaps that's why the original audio was transformed (slowed I presume) to sound ineligble.

I agree though with the comment about the compass! Looks really neat like that.

If you find any other promo or materials needing translating, I'd be happy to help though!
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Owsalfa

• Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 08:41:16 PM »
I had a look at it last night and seems like I won't have to. It is as you said it might be, the voice over has nothing to do with the clip or Watership Down. It's simply talking about what shows will air on Cartoon Network. Perhaps that's why the original audio was transformed (slowed I presume) to sound ineligble.

I agree though with the comment about the compass! Looks really neat like that.

If you find any other promo or materials needing translating, I'd be happy to help though!

Thats still useful information! Thank you Chibiscuit!
owsalfa.tumblr