Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Animal Crossing New Horizons  (Read 388 times)

Offline florapaw

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by florapaw
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Animal Crossing New Horizons
« on: March 22, 2020, 11:56:10 PM »
hey! its-a me, just popping in to ask if anyones played the newest animal crossing game yet? if you have, any thoughts? My current thoughts are oh my gosh the animals sing and read books??? they SWEEP their HOUSES oh god and why can't i use the internet to visit other towns why is nintendo making me pay for that?

anyway, any and all conversation is accepted. i have not shut up about this game for the last four days.

Offline Alderab

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Alderab
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Re: Animal Crossing New Horizons
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 12:53:48 AM »
I haven't played any Animal Crossing since the original.  Does this add a lot of new content?  From what I've looked into it it seems like theres a lot of crafting stuff.
You like writing?  I like writing!  Let's Write!

http://fhc.soopergrape.com/index.php?topic=2357.0

Offline florapaw

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by florapaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 02:28:01 AM »
i don’t think it adds that much new content unfortunately, although the change from the very early games (the n64 version and wild world) is apparent. i haven’t played those games in years so i can’t help but hold it against new leaf.

there is a lot of crafting stuff, but also straight up buying stuff is still an option lol.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 01:26:05 PM »
Everyone loves Animal Crossing, I am playing Ori!   :hannah4
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 03:00:25 PM »
Any and all conversation? Alrighty then.

The (for me) night this thread started I had a nightmare where after a long time, a friend and I had finally found the time in our schedules to meet up again, and so she came over to my house to hang out. I was really looking forward to it because it had been such a long time and we always had a lot of fun. So I'd been thinking of all the things I wanted to talk about, and what we could do that day.

But then curiously she had her laptop with her when she arrived and even more curiously she hardly responded when I talked to her. Her eyes were odd too; kinda glazed over. She just sat down at the table, opened the laptop and stared at it with no emotion.

When I went over I saw she was playing a game, which surprised me because she's not really into video games, and when I looked closer I vaguely recognized it as the new Animal Crossing game. And try as I might she would not stop playing. Finally, her battery ran low and I asked if she wanted to do something else. She looked at me blankly, pulled out a power cable out of nowhere, and walked off, saying she wanted to play more Animal Crossing.

Creeped out, I turned to my family to ask if they just saw what had happened... only to find them playing Animal Crossing too!

Then I woke up at 5 AM and see my Discord notifications... and the title of this thread! It was kinda unnerving  :strawberry2

I have never even played a single Animal Crossing game in my life!
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Kili

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Kili
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 04:22:38 PM »
Any and all conversation? Alrighty then.

The (for me) night this thread started I had a nightmare where after a long time, a friend and I had finally found the time in our schedules to meet up again, and so she came over to my house to hang out. I was really looking forward to it because it had been such a long time and we always had a lot of fun. So I'd been thinking of all the things I wanted to talk about, and what we could do that day.

But then curiously she had her laptop with her when she arrived and even more curiously she hardly responded when I talked to her. Her eyes were odd too; kinda glazed over. She just sat down at the table, opened the laptop and stared at it with no emotion.

When I went over I saw she was playing a game, which surprised me because she's not really into video games, and when I looked closer I vaguely recognized it as the new Animal Crossing game. And try as I might she would not stop playing. Finally, her battery ran low and I asked if she wanted to do something else. She looked at me blankly, pulled out a power cable out of nowhere, and walked off, saying she wanted to play more Animal Crossing.

Creeped out, I turned to my family to ask if they just saw what had happened... only to find them playing Animal Crossing too!

Then I woke up at 5 AM and see my Discord notifications... and the title of this thread! It was kinda unnerving  :strawberry2

I have never even played a single Animal Crossing game in my life!

Reminds me of that episode of Star Trek TNG when Riker brings a game on to the Enterprise which everyone (but Wesley) gets addicted to...