Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Watership Down > 1972 - The Novel

Is 'Watership Down' an Unconscious Religious Allegory?

<< < (4/4)

Alderab:
Someone woke up on the wrong side of England.

Is there another classic allegorical?  Was Lord of the Flies supposed to represent something?

florapaw:

--- Quote from: Alderab on October 23, 2020, 01:13:43 AM ---Is there another classic allegorical?  Was Lord of the Flies supposed to represent something?

--- End quote ---
i don’t know if you were actually looking for an answer, but i don’t think lord of the flies was really supposed to represent anything, it was just that everyone was writing stories about english boys being such angelic creatures that golding just had to say “have you met a 10 year old boy??” and wrote lotf to rectify it. although you can see it in an allegorical way. there is a lot to be said about the ending in my opinion!

Alderab:
Huh, no I was just honestly wondering, because all I knew about the story was that it was a prototype Hunger Games.  I guess it could be an allegory for...angelic democracies failing to get along in the League of Nations?

Just like the siege in WSD is actually just an allegory for Redwall.

florapaw:

--- Quote from: Alderab on October 23, 2020, 01:51:16 AM --- I guess it could be an allegory for...angelic democracies failing to get along in the League of Nations?

--- End quote ---
it possibly could-

--- Quote from: Alderab on October 23, 2020, 01:51:16 AM ---Just like the siege in WSD is actually just an allegory for Redwall.

--- End quote ---
lmaoo

Acacia Heartstrings:
Before I tried to play Yu gi Oh, but it was too complicated, so I left it XD   :blackberry2

What I do like a lot are his series, especially the first with the pharaoh. Their fights are quite intense and dramatic, I really like how they unfold.
I recently saw the last series that deals with the Cyberspace, just like the others, the duels are so dramatic and intense that I can't help but get excited!   :fiver

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version