Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Bigwig? Big Jerk!  (Read 1394 times)

Offline florapaw

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by florapaw
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Re: Bigwig? Big Jerk!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »
Honestly I think the biggest reason why no one can tell the characters apart is because the whole series is in the dark. Yeah, the realism is nice I guess, but at least in the other adaptations the screen is bright enough that we can at least tell the characters apart.

Offline Alderab

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Alderab
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »
Yeah, the realism is nice I guess, but at least in the other adaptations the screen is bright enough that we can at least tell the characters apart.

The next edition will be a true 4-D experience, complete with a set of whiskers that you can plug into your USB drive to feel what a rabbit feels what hopping around a completely dark burrow.  Newbies can use a cheat sheet that has the basic silhouette of all the WSD rabbits, so its easier to feel who the speaker is rubbing up against.  There will also be very little dialogue, instead you will be given a glossary that defines which rabbit scent gland is being pressed and what it means, provided by a little sample pack of essential oils that you warm up on your computer's processor.  In the few scenes were you can actually see anything, it will be shot with a cozy blue-green filter slapped over everything to properly simulate bunny vision.  And there will be no laughter.
You like writing?  I like writing!  Let's Write!

http://fhc.soopergrape.com/index.php?topic=2357.0

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 01:55:33 AM »
Honestly I think the biggest reason why no one can tell the characters apart is because the whole series is in the dark. Yeah, the realism is nice I guess, but at least in the other adaptations the screen is bright enough that we can at least tell the characters apart.
A really valid point, I think.  Dark is good, but most of the time, the miniseries was too dark.  Many important scenes taking place at night doesn't help.

The next edition will be a true 4-D experience, complete with a set of whiskers that you can plug into your USB drive to feel what a rabbit feels what hopping around a completely dark burrow.  Newbies can use a cheat sheet that has the basic silhouette of all the WSD rabbits, so its easier to feel who the speaker is rubbing up against.  There will also be very little dialogue, instead you will be given a glossary that defines which rabbit scent gland is being pressed and what it means, provided by a little sample pack of essential oils that you warm up on your computer's processor.  In the few scenes were you can actually see anything, it will be shot with a cozy blue-green filter slapped over everything to properly simulate bunny vision.  And there will be no laughter.
I WANT THIS
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!