Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Kuroko no Basuke  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hazel
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 12:46:03 PM »
Well said! :cheers

:p I highly agree. He was really bigged up and I was like, "Oh, man. Oh, man! What's he going to be like?" And he kind of fell flat until the he got some more story, and the final game as you said.

They really could have done more with him, he had a lot of potential, and for being captain of The Generation of Miracles, it felt like we didn't really see any consistent development. His power could have been explored more.

He had very good moments, more so/in more detail in the manga, but I wish he had more of an impact. He's essentially supposed to be the "villain" of the manga but it didn't feel like it sometimes.

"People’s souls are like gardens. You can’t turn your back on someone because his garden’s full of weeds. You have to give him water and lots of sunshine."

Offline Claws

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • Show only replies by Claws
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 03:32:07 PM »
I'm glad you do, although I'm still kinda surprised you do. I mean, I have no doubt in my mind that the guy is FAR better in the manga, but his animè counterpart just didn't cut it at all by the looks of things.

The thing about him that made me cringe the most was during the game against Midorima, where he was caught TOTALLY off guard by a simple play between him and Takao. I get it, I really do... the Generation of Miracles' guys are known for playing alone and not relaying on their teammates at all... but that wasn't your case Akashi! You relied on Kuroko during your Teiko era and you are relaying on Mayzumi right now, in the middle of your Rakuzan era. That shouldn't be that much of a shocker for you, mate.

Still, his final line right after the title game against Seirin made up entirely for it... from his acknowledgement of defeat to the "I'm glad I have been playing basketball" bit. SO good.

By the way: You know which character totally won me over? Midorima. Midorima the weird, the freak, the loner... I loved every bit of his development and I couldn't help but smile at his cheering at Seirin during the last game.

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 04:56:54 PM »
Yeah, the anime didn't focus on him properly. :(

Yeah! There seemed to be a lack of continuity there, as really nothing should phase him too much by this point. Although I guess I understand being shocked at Midorima connecting well with another player because he thought Midorima wouldn't. Still, seems silly.

He does have some really good development/merits, like being supportive of Seirin's wins. Even if it was because he was looking forward to beating a good team. Deep down he really cares about the Generation of Miracles.

That made me really happy. He enjoys basketball. A lot of the time it was a lot of work and competition for him, so it was nice to see a change in how he views it.

Oh gosh, I love how he developed. Him, and Aomine too. I like how Aomine developed, especially as I didn't really like him in the beginning but it was obvious he thought a lot of Kuroko, and really supported Seirin.
"People’s souls are like gardens. You can’t turn your back on someone because his garden’s full of weeds. You have to give him water and lots of sunshine."

Offline Claws

• Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 05:22:39 PM »
I loved it when he said that he didn't know if he could keep his calm until the have to line up. And his acknowledgement of defeat was great too.

Yeah, I know that he cares about the Generation of Miracles, that's precisely what makes him a likable character on my book :) By the way, I need to ask you something: Without going into spoiler territory, do you remember the photo Momoi-san gave to Kuroko near the end of the final episode? Is that current or was it from the Teiko years? Because Kagami mentions something like Kuroko's birthday being near and whatnot and that made me wonder.

It would be so cool if that was a current picture :D

Aomine you say? I like him a lot but in a different way. I didn't quite like his attitude during the big majority of the series, with all that "the only one who can be me, it's me" nonsense, but when we actually got to see the person he was and how supportive and close to Kuroko he was during the Teiko flashback, I really did gain a new appreciation for his character (plus, he's the one who acknowledges the failed method of relaying only on himself and is the one who kicks off the cheering).

It seems like we agree about a lot of things on that series. Good thing they didn't go as far as to redeem Hanamiya and some of the other rats, though. That would have been overkill at its finest.

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 06:44:10 PM »
Yes!

:D Oh, yes. I definitely think it's a current picture, it looks like one. It warms my heart.

Yeah, that attitude got old really fast, haha! Seeing that other side to him was a real eye opener. Good on you, Aomine!

We do. :D Definitely. Hanamiya, and Haizaki, give me the shivers, so taking that away wouldn't be a good move.

Offline Claws

• Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 07:06:22 PM »
So, you are a positive it's current? Oh man, I love the ending even more now that you have confirmed that :D!

"Got old"? Yeah, that's totally the way to describe it. I mean, shut up for a minute, mate! You were the best scorer of the best team ever... you definitely have some ground to talk from, but... aaahg! Akashi could have had you on your knees if we wanted to :P

Haizaki is a royal arsehole by comparation, isn't him? I mean, the way he treats his teammates is beyond pathetic. I agree, it would have been idiotic.

You know what? I bet that the rest of the forum is looking at this thread and thinking "woah, these guys are weird" :D!

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 07:52:49 PM »
Definitely! :D

Exactly! He'd never admit that, though. Well not at first, maybe now he would. ;)

He is. I felt sorry for his teammates.

I thought that too, it probably looks like we're waffling on - but this is an important matter! :P

Offline Claws

• Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 11:07:17 PM »
I love the picture in general, regardless if it is current or not (although, you might be right, it looks current). I like how they all look and act in it. It's just a nice sendoff :)

Hope he puts what he learned to practice in the upcoming movie :O

I hope they will stand up to him.

We are weirdos... but we are having fun :D!

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 05:43:27 PM »
Me too! Yeah, it's a great photo. :D

Same here!

We sure are! :p

Offline Claws

• Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2016, 12:42:15 AM »
What are you expecting the movie to be? What topic you think it will cover?

Of course, we are friends nerding around. There are very few things that are holier :P
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:42:33 AM by Silverweed's Claws »

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 06:31:03 AM »
I'm expecting it might be based on the Extra Game sequel manga! Or maybe they will make a new plot for it!

I agree. It's the greatest! :D

Offline Claws

• Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 03:37:33 PM »
It would be SO cool if they actually based it on that! I heard it is one of the best things that happened on the manga!

:D !

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »
Same here!! :D

Offline Claws

• Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 05:30:14 PM »
Please make it last at least two hours... there's gonna be so much to nerd about :P

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Kuroko no Basuke
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2016, 12:36:48 PM »
We'd nerd for years :lol