Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Redwall the video game  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Varjokani

• Shadowrabbit
  • Silver
  • Shadowrabbit from Finland - Give snuggles to pass!
    • Show only replies by Varjokani
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • I speak:
Redwall the video game
« on: April 20, 2019, 07:34:42 PM »
I bought both of them myself couple months back and I havent played them much myself, but they both seem quite interesting. The other is Muc typed text based rpg and the other is  just a computer game. But woah there seem to be lots of nice features. Like every thing has their unique smell and you can "smell" all stuff around you. Smells are descripted as nice pictures hanging in air. Also it seems you can cook.  Ive played only the beginning because I kinda gave up after being so bad at sneaking against rats. I m so used to playing Skyrim where I have Sneak skill 100.. Where here rats see me and I cant run. And it resets whole session. Its mega annoying. Other than that I m thinking that maybe I could stream it someday.  Have any of you been playing them? You can get them on Steam.
~Varjokani, that darker side of Campion. Plz gimme a hug or I steal ur cookies. Nya |Shadowrabbit dA

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: Redwall the video game
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 10:05:43 PM »
I remember reading a few reviews for the first game of the series back when it was in early access.  One in particular stood out, because the person who wrote it spent a few paragraphs complaining about some of the locations in the game: "Fairy Ring" and "Globetrotter's Gate".  The first one is bad because Redwall doesn't have fairies, except that this is actually a botanical term that has nothing to do with actual fairies.  The latter is bad because it would somehow imply that Mossflower is on a planet, which for some reason is bad :vervain-facepalm Other than that the review was mostly positive.

Another thing: several people complained that the WD miniseries looks like an early 2000s video game.  Looking at videos of the Redwall game, the graphics don't look as good as the miniseries (this is more of a problem with the reviews though; the game still looks nice).

Despite all this, I might have been willing to give it a chance, but my computer doesn't meet even the minimum system requirements for graphics, and barely meets for processor, and there is no Linux version available :(

@Rosie Willowwater played it a while back, though, and appears to have enjoyed it :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:11:10 PM by Chipster-roo »
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Rosie Willowwater

• Silver
  • Lurking
    • Show only replies by Rosie Willowwater
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »
Yes! They are constantly adding-to and improving the game, and it is pretty accurate to what I know of the books.
We are warriors. Though we might not have weapons of strength, we have our minds; The most powerful weapons of all

I'm rarely ever on, but if you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me! *hug*

Offline Varjokani

• Shadowrabbit
  • Silver
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • I speak:
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 09:26:48 PM »
I m defenitely gonna stream it in the future.
~Varjokani, that darker side of Campion. Plz gimme a hug or I steal ur cookies. Nya |Shadowrabbit dA

Offline snowy fawn

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by snowy fawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 10:57:33 PM »
I just looked into this game and I’m so bummed I don’t have a good enough computer to run it. It looks so cool and I’d love to play it! Maybe it’ll come out on the PS4 someday...

Offline Varjokani

• Shadowrabbit
  • Silver
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • I speak:
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 10:28:24 AM »
But pls if you want to see me play it just send me a message and I will put it going on https://www.twitch.tv/varjokani

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 05:09:43 PM »
As I do like the Redwall series I'd like to try out this game. :) However, I'm not sure if this laptop could cope with it and not sure of some other things... I'm a bit behind with modern gaming technology.  :hannah4
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 06:17:41 PM »
I did not expect a Red wall video game to exist, although it also exists for Watership Down, also in written text.
Can you download those games on Steam? I hope I can play them some day, if they are in English, I have a chance to win =)    :strawberry2
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Varjokani

• Shadowrabbit
  • Silver
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • I speak:
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 06:20:18 PM »
I did not expect a Red wall video game to exist, although it also exists for Watership Down, also in written text.
Can you download those games on Steam? I hope I can play them some day, if they are in English, I have a chance to win =)    :strawberry2
Yes both Redwall games can  be bought from Steam. I havent heard that there is Watership down game. I wish there was.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 08:01:08 PM »
Apparently they are not on Steam ... And I would like that at least the Watership Down game was in English. But it is in German.

OMG I hope Red wall comes out for xbox one! 

The Lost Legends of Redwall : The Scout Official Trailer

Now I understand that it is a game that is in development for the year 2020 maybe ...   :primrose
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Varjokani

• Shadowrabbit
  • Silver
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • I speak:
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
Greath Flayrah! OWO
I own both of the Redwall games but I had no idea there was Watership down one. Does anyone happen to know where to get it? I really want it.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 08:16:49 PM »
Greath Flayrah! OWO
I own both of the Redwall games but I had no idea there was Watership down one. Does anyone happen to know where to get it? I really want it.
It seems appears to be available on the German Amazon site for a few euros, although I don't know if they would ship to Finland...
https://www.amazon.de/Unten-Fluss-Suche-Watership-Windows/dp/3934689124

Also, as Acacia pointed out, it's in German only :darkling Perhaps @Leo-rah or @Thlayli-rah might have more information?
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Varjokani

• Shadowrabbit
  • Silver
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • I speak:
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 08:24:05 PM »
Greath Flayrah! OWO
It seems appears to be available on the German Amazon site for a few euros, although I don't know if they would ship to Finland...
https://www.amazon.de/Unten-Fluss-Suche-Watership-Windows/dp/3934689124

Also, as Acacia pointed out, it's in German only :darkling Perhaps @Leo-rah or @Thlayli-rah might have more information?
Oh man. Now I really wish I would speak German. Its a beautiful language but I can understand a word myself.

Offline Thlayli-rah

• Potato-Bunny
  • Hlessi
  • I speak german, english and a bit norwegian :)
    • Show only replies by Thlayli-rah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.watership-down-page.de
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 05:54:14 PM »
If I remember right, we had three Video Games from the Watership Down Series, but I never own them by myself (but I lurked on eBay around them).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 05:59:02 PM by Thlayli-rah »
Come to the dark side, we have hrair flayrah.

Offline Alderab

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Alderab
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 08:53:42 PM »
Has anyone tried the Escape the Gloomer game on mobile?  It's pretty interesting so far, they managed to capture the writing style well.  I'm normally not a huge fan of text-based adventures, but I haven't run into any corners yet where I can't figure out what exact word phrase I'm supposed to be typing in.
You like writing?  I like writing!  Let's Write!

http://fhc.soopergrape.com/index.php?topic=2357.0