Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Bingewatching  (Read 198 times)

Offline CockatielPony

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: Bingewatching
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 06:14:09 AM »
PBS kids has a lot of cartoons but it's for preschoolers and younger children though I do enjoy watching the old Arthur episodes and Let's go luna. Fox has the Simpson, Bob's burgers and family guy on Sunday but I am not into either of those shows.
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 06:35:10 AM »
Arthur.  Wow.  That show is a classic, but I only ever watched a handful of episodes.

(Besides the Belgian kids channel Ketnet but that has gone down in quality a LOT as well).
Sadly, I feel like this could describe the vast majority of TV channels these days :strawberry2
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Kili

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Kili
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2021, 09:47:59 PM »
I've not watched TV regularly since 2005? (Perhaps, it was a long time ago...) We had Sky for a while but I got fed up of it. I've noticed that since digital TV came about and broadcasters expanding the number of channels that they have, the quality and diversity of the shows they produce or show has become crap, not better. (I can't say what it's like in other countries, but this is true of UK TV. Most of the air-time of  is now taken up by a lot of low quality programming. It's mostly music coemptions, DIY shows, antiques, 'reality' shows, etc. There are a few good dramas that are produced, but it's nothing like it used to be. They don't seem to show dramas, etc from other countries, or re-run the best of old TV shows that they made any more. Films being shown is almost unheard of now unless it's on pay-per-view. I got tired of the subscription fees to Sky because a lot of the channels just showed repeat, after repeat, after repeat, and got tired of the TV license because the BBC and other channels stopped showing things that weren't made by them. (Either they were priced out of it by digital channels paying more, or they just didn't want to show them.) Because of these reasons, I just started watching DVDs and spent money on shows and films that I liked. Because of Netfix, Disney + and other official online streaming sites, I don't think traditional TV will be around for much longer.