Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Forest Tails  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Forest Tails
« on: November 13, 2015, 05:24:46 PM »
I would like to bring to your attention comic called Forest Tails (judging by the title, I suspect author likes puns at least a bit).

It starts with rabbit being chased by wolf. In attempt to save her life, rabbit runs into a den, which turns out to be occupied by live fox. You would think this will be the end of story for poor lagomorph? Well... In this case you would be wrong, as Nele (that is rabbit's name) survives her encounter with fox and her story continues for several dozens pages and still counting.

What's interesting about this comic? For one, it reminds me a bit of Watership Down in that it tells a story of regular rabbit who lives in fear of predators or who worries where she is going to find an appropriate mate that is not related to her (which can be a problem, if the warren you live in consist only of your own family). It includes some blood and death, which is to be expected in story involving predators.

What I also like about Forest Tails is the art style. iPoke (that's his nickname) can draw pretty, realistic-looking animals. His rabbits are pretty adorable and even his predators can look cute from time to time, except when they are eating their prey of course. ;)

If you decide to give this comic a try after my short introduction, then you will find the first page here:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/16840572

Enjoy the reading! :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:25:49 PM by Myrkin »
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.