Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Odd things in general about the series  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Toteq

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Toteq
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The miniseries
  • I speak:
Re: Odd things in general about the series
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2022, 04:18:38 PM »
It is rather strange that in s01e02 the rabbits sleep outside the warren because it is too small. However, during the scenes inside the burrows, you can see that they fit in there without any problem.

Offline Toteq

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2022, 12:10:59 PM »
Some odd things frome s01e03.

:holly
First, it's odd that Holly isn't in any way moved by destruction of Sandleford. Instead of this he has nightmares about an atacking owl, which seems to be nothing campared to extermination of warren.

:dandelion :hawkbit
Second, Hawkibit and Dandelion get wet becouse they dug too small burrow and have to spend all night in it. But they are just beside main burrow. So why don't they just go there?

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2022, 11:16:29 PM »
Second, Hawkibit and Dandelion get wet becouse they dug too small burrow and have to spend all night in it. But they are just beside main burrow. So why don't they just go there?

I found it strange as well. Maybe at that particular time the main burrow wasn't stable enough and there was a threat of it collapsing?
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Toteq

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2022, 05:20:46 AM »
Maybe, but rather not. In previous scenes they are sleep and normally live in main burrow and nothing points that it's unstable. Digging new burrows from outside propably doesn't affect on stability (in episode 4 they are in main burrow and digging new ones in the same time). Spending night in shalow burrow when it's rains seems more dangerous, in episode 4 Strawberry got buried underground because of rain.

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2022, 10:27:25 PM »
Then maybe Captain Holly was staying in the main burrow and everybody else was asked to stay out of it for a time in order to let him rest and gain back strength? Digging shallow burrows might have been both a temporary solution until Holly gets back on his feet and a digging training exercise,
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Toteq

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2022, 11:03:00 PM »
It would make sense, if not that when Dandelion and Hawkbit spent night in shallow burrow, Holly is with Hazel and others in Cowslip warren. So he don't rest anymore.
And I think that the burrows which they were digging weren't supposed to be shallow, rather they to be alternative entrance in to the main burrow in future.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 11:13:23 PM by Toteq »

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2022, 07:09:37 AM »
It would make sense, if not that when Dandelion and Hawkbit spent night in shallow burrow, Holly is with Hazel and others in Cowslip warren. So he don't rest anymore.

Ah, I forgot about that  part.

Offline Toteq

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2022, 08:38:47 PM »
I rembered another odd thing and it's in episode 8. When Bigwig escaping Efrafa with Primrose and Blackavar, he was suprised by Vervain, :vervain2 who falls the into hole. He is alone and Bigwig could easily defeat him which he does after a while. And then he return back and escaping through the whole warren. That's make no sense! Even if Vervain stil tried stop them, he's far less dangerous than running back through the entire warren.