Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: 2: The Raid  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: 2: The Raid
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2018, 12:06:03 PM »
Spoiler: ShowHide

It's Blackberry Bluebell clings to yes. And the kissing was very odd. Rabbits kissing? With kissy noises?? As Blackberry yells, "That is not a thing we do!" There were other ways to show Bluebell being affectionate to Blackberry if they wanted to.
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2018, 07:17:22 PM »
 :hannah3 :hannah3

HAHAHAHAHAHA What is the problem with Bluebell? After all, he is the comedian rabbit among all. Remember that rabbits tend to kiss each other for affection and cleanse, I do not find it strange to kiss males if they really have affection. Although I would not mind being gay x3 Bluebell x Blackberry.
In the second episode we have the story of Holly and the destruction of Sandleford, it is summarized and not so crushed as in the book, but relevant enough, to give the reason to Fiver. Salendford, it does not exist anymore. The incursion to the farm is much more reckless than before, not one, if not twice! And inside the same dwelling of humans. Bigwig at all times looks like a warrior (in fact in the 4 chapters his attitude is impressive). They manage to save Clover, but Hazel gets hurt.
Efrafa is a human construction that seems to be the remains of a great fire. Two gigantic chimneys and the subterranean remains that remained. It is not as scary as Dark heaven, but it is a very sinister and depressing place to live, with so many rabbits depressed by slavery.
In general an excellent chapter for me, but especially Bluebell, Bigwig, Hazel, Fiver, Hackbit ... HA !!! Who do I want to cheat? They were all great XD :rolleyes     :fiver :hazel2 :irony :campion :clover
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Folgrimeo

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Folgrimeo
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 03:45:56 AM »
There's a couple good parts in it, but compared to the stellar first episode, this one felt ordinary or a setup for something bigger later. Holly's memory of the destruction of Sandleford was more intense than the movie in my opinion, for showing it as it was happening with the rabbits piling up at one end and seeing one rabbit nearly getting crushed. I love how Kehaar turned out, he's nearly as funny as his other versions, and I don't mind that he sounds Scottish now. I'm a fan of Captain Orchis, he has a great voice and a distinct pattern like black spikes on his back. I don't think much of the Efrafan rabbit who was giving the rest their marks, but he was creepy, at first I thought rabbits were being sacrificed to it considering how large its toenail is.

A few disappointments in this episode include saying "fox" which makes me wonder why they bothered saying "homba" in the first episode, Holly saying "animality" doesn't quite work (I know it's supposed to be the animal version of "humanity", but it sounds weird, why not find another way to say the rabbit lacks a conscience), and Hyzenthlay's not being portrayed in a flattering light. I didn't get the impression that Hyzenthlay was a strong leader of the does, she didn't appear to resist the officers overpowering her or resist their commands, didn't appear defiant. In the movie she had a knack for not getting noticed and appeared confident when being spoken to. Hyzenthlay deserves better.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of Efrafa. Its layout is disorientating, and the Efrafans feel like generic bad guys who treat each other like dirt. The Watership rabbits are more entertaining. Woundwort looks good, majestically so in certain closeups, but his voice doesn't sound menacing enough.

The ending was interesting but decent. I was surprised to see the Black Rabbit is a doe in this version, but I like her sweet voice, no malice. It felt like the rabbit version of death is being portrayed as a gentle thing, a simple fact of life that doesn't have to be scary.

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 03:21:38 PM »
Haha, was I the only one who liked the random kissing? :P

I thought the humans arguing was quite amusing and believable. Tabitha didn't look as awful as in the one image, yet she still looked a bit weird.

Can't tell many of the rabbits apart. Even those who were more distinctive I still wasn't always sure who they were - ha.

Did Kehaar first appear in this? Not impressed. Useless and near-pointless character here. Take some getting used to hearing him with a Scottish accent.

I can't remember what else happened in this episode already. They merge too much, Argh. XD
Here lies a signature that has little point.