Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Clover  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: Clover
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 07:19:04 PM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
Unpopular opinion: I like Clover.

Firstly, she's perhaps the cutest character in the entire miniseries.

I don't really mind her relationship with Hazel, it doesn't happen as ridiculously fast as with Primrose in the 1999 series (still not a fan of Holly/Hyzenthlay though).

The flirting with Woundwort bit is rather creepy, and I rather like what @Thorn wrote.

The only scene that really bothers me is how she finds Hazel in the ditch.  That moment should belong to Fiver.  This is pretty much the only time that she seems to be unusually equipped for surviving in the wilderness.  It probably would have made more sense if she had gotten lost and captured before finding him.

But that's just one scene.  I like the rest.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 11:11:32 PM »
To quote myself: Clover. What to say about Clover? I really don't like how she is so knowledgable for a hutch rabbit and I don't like her being kidnapped by Efrafa. I don't mind her becoming Hazel's mate. But overall she is portrayed as too 'holy'? And giving her the line about taking a few Efrafans down with her if she had to face  :inle-series was odd.

I agree that she does have a cute design. No wonder Hazel was staring
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 11:12:17 PM »
Wait...she got that line too?  I had forgotten about that.

That would work better for Bigwig, Blackavar or Hyzenthlay (I know Blackavar got it in the film, but I forgot who had it in the book...).  Clover wouldn't stand a chance in a fight against the Efrafans.

I like the fact that she got more character development, but giving her this line, and her finding Hazel instead of Fiver, is taking things too far, I think.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 11:12:56 PM »
Yes on my second viewing I saw it was her. It would have much better suited Hyzenthlay or Blackavar since they suffered so much in Efrafa.

Yep her replacing Fiver I did not like either. I mean she could have just joined him, like Blackberry does in the book.
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Thorn

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Thorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 01:38:21 AM »
Completely agree that I wasn't a fan of her finding Hazel. It was nice to have Fiver find him because Hazel was the one who believed in Fiver from the beginning, so then you could see Fiver doing the same for Hazel.