Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: [OOC & Signups] The Ossory Warren  (Read 2746 times)

Offline PaxEmpiricae

• Saurian
  • Hlessi
  • Adventure?! Where?! Sign me up!
    • Show only replies by PaxEmpiricae
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Re: [OOC & Signups] The Ossory Warren
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 11:05:37 AM »
Name: Normandy

Appearance: Normandy is an average buck, in terms of stature and size, though a bit muscular from his hlessi days wandering around. He has a dark brown coat of fur, with a light grey line on his back, running from the back of his head to his tail. His left ear has a bite mark, a piece bitten off by some predator. He moves with a discernable gait, hopping with a limp ftom his right hind leg, though this doesn't hinder him much.

Personality: Self-involved, quiet, Normandy likes to keep to himself. When he does interact, at times he comes off as friendly, at times rude and dismissive. Despite all of this, he keeps his moral compass straight, doing things which he believes as the right things to do. He is doubtful as like most loners, but earn his trust, and he'll give you a bit more leeway when communicating with him.

History: Normandy's story is like most other hlessi: Born in a warren, fled for a reason. For Normandy, that reason being Man. Man had dug up his home, killed his people and the Chief, so he ran. After this , he survived on his own, scavenging whatever food he can while cursing his own luck. Years of brooding and hiding had eroded whatever optimism he had left. He searches on, for a new warren where he can feel safe, a new warren where he could call home.

P.S: Wouldn't mind having a helping hand to introduce my characters to the others!
"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtains of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver grass, and then you see it...White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise"

~ Gandalf the Wizard, the Wise

Offline Alderab

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Alderab
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 02:11:03 PM »
Great character!  Sounds like just the buck you'd want to storm the beaches with.

I think right now is a good window for Normandy to come loping up.  Assuming you want to meet them first, our delightful duo and their cute charge are currently heading outside, so there are plenty of chances for them to see him.  Depending on timing, they might run into Normandy while trying to make a break for it and mistake him for a Red Tail, or he may just come up to them when they reluctantly silflay.  However you want to spin it we can make it work!
You like writing?  I like writing!  Let's Write!

http://fhc.soopergrape.com/index.php?topic=2357.0

Offline PaxEmpiricae

• Saurian
  • Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 10:14:12 AM »
Guess I'll just do my own thing. I'll think I'll meet the trio when they silflay or go outside!
"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtains of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver grass, and then you see it...White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise"

Offline Alderab

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2019, 04:46:15 AM »
I was feeling a bit Ossory, and while eagerly awaiting the next post I thought I'd actually flesh out our beloved Chief a little bit with a character sheet.  Maybe I'll stick these all at the top of the front page.

If anyone else would like to write for an NPC, feel free!  Although I guess they'd no longer be Non-Player Characters at that point...

Name: Chief Citron

Appearance: Never the most attractive of rabbits to begin with, the steady accumulation of seasons has not done Citron any favors.  The old rabbit has an ashen pelt, stretched across his bony frame.  His face is often scrunched with worry, and his claws have grown long in their neglected use.  Citron's only other distinguishment is his right eye, which had begun to cloud fairly early in his life, and now has reached a point where he can hardly see through the lens.  Not the picture of a sprightly youth.

Personality:  Despite his nominal position at the head of a large warren, Chief Citron lacks many of the hallmarks of a good leader, or even a decent one.  Indecisive, incoherent, an unwillingness to stand firm, and fairly skittish.  Indeed, his relative lack of ability is what makes him so readily accepted by the real force behind the warren, the Red Tails.  Citron is well aware of his position as puppet, and resents it.  However, despite the occasional flash of ambition, he is unwilling to challenge the status quo, and like most rabbits in his warren, he simply does what he must to survive.

History: Citron's arrival at the top spot in the warren was a fairly unremarkable one, for all intents he simply inherited the title from his fore-bearer.  It was a simple system, keeping the title hereditary and meaningless.  Having the office go to the strongest rabbit risked a potential challenge to the status quo, and the powers that be were keen to keep it as it was.  And so, eight seasons into his life, Citron was proclaimed Chief, and has done little with his title beyond claiming a burrow, a bit of extra grass, and making the odd proclamation.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 03:25:08 AM »
The Chief is a nice character :)

Another character:
Name: Shadow
Species: wildcat.

Appearance: Shadow is rather small for his species.  He has thick brown fur, with a few black stripes across the body and tail.  There is a large scar on his forehead, a remnant from a previous fight with Garner.  He is very underweight; Garner's control over the area leaves very few prey available for the other predators living in the area.

Personality: Initially a very soft creature, Shadow has slowly changed over the years.  His fight with Garner had left him with a thirst for revenge, slowly turning him into an angry, scheming and fearless creature, not willing to let anything get in the way of his plans.  Well, maybe not fearless, but he liked to project this image to other creatures.

History: The only survivor of a litter of four, Shadow spent most of his youth around the area Garner controls, until an unfortunate encounter with the fox, from which he had been lucky to escape with his life.  Since then, he has been slowly plotting revenge on the fox, hoping to kill him and take over the alliance he had with the Ossory warren.  Until he felt his plan was ready to be put into action, he made sure to stay away from the fox.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Alderab

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2019, 02:45:10 AM »
Should we do a chapter/section break soon?  Seems like we're getting close to a good halting point Cedar/Hemlock scene, and after Koda, Nettle, and Pimentel regroup perhaps we could do a short time lapse.

Might be nice to start with a fresh scene!

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2019, 02:50:26 AM »
That sounds good :) I'll try to wrap this up in my next few posts.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Offline Alderab

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2019, 04:41:29 AM »
Here's a bonus!  Fan Scratch art of the recent encounter between Shadow and Pimentel!  So much fluff.

Source: http://fav.me/ddm4tsc

Offline Alderab

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2020, 04:27:35 AM »
A new chapter!  Our last story threads were seeming to wrap up, so here is a new setting for us to feel out.  Feel free to explain how your characters behaved in the transition however you want, and we'll see how we can get back together.

And if you've been sitting on the sidelines and dying for a chance to join up, now is a great time to drop in a new character!  :buttercup

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2020, 04:41:15 AM »
Somehow I missed this earlier, but I LOVE THAT DRAWING :frith
I'll respond to the RP itself tomorrow.

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 03:55:49 PM »
Alrighty, here we are, first character! Hoe she's swanky swanky enough for ya  :strawberry3

Name: Raspberry

Appearance: A lean, reddish-brown doe with a messy coat. On her ears she has some unusual longer tufts of fur, much like a lynx'. She is of mediocre size.

Personality:
Restless. Even as kit, Raspberry ran around Ossory warren, longing to feel the wind in her fur but she was loyal to her family and obeyed their command. Later, as an adult, her restlessness grew even more until it could not be contained any longer. There are ants crawling in her fur and running is the only way to keep them quiet. But for how much longer?
Arrogant. She knows better than other rabbits. She could do things better than other rabbits. Other rabbits are fools.
Reckless. Her desire to break the inertia and her conviction that her ideas are always right can lead her to throw caution to the wind and act without regard to the consequences.
Lonely. She was in a cramped space with hrair others but who did she truly know anymore? Who knew her?

History: Born at Ossory, she has grown up with the Ossory rules of never leaving the warren. Her family had been devout followers of these rules and her mother often pressed their importance to Raspberry. So for most of her kithood, she merely accepted the Rule and did as her parents desired in order to live a quiet, if somewhat dull life.
However when her parents were accused of breaking the Rule and send off to Garner, Raspberry changed. What was the point of following a rule if you could get accused without even breaking it? If even her parents were not safe then who was?
Reluctant to become a Red Tail - she refused to become the very rabbits who had send off her family to their deaths - there was only one other option left... and luckily for her, Ossory warren did have its share of bugs. Bugs with red blood she could smear on her tail. And so, ever since then, she sneaks out of the warren disguised as a Red Tail to run the meadow and feel the wind in her fur. Only then did she feel truly alive.... but was it enough?
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2020, 05:55:20 PM »
 :snowdrop Second character! Cut from a different cloth, to say the least  :orchis3

Name: Foxglove

Appearance: A rather small yet sturdy buck whose neat snow-white fur is broken up by crimson patches all across -including and most disturbing around his muzzle. His ears are small and red-tipped; his tail red like his fellow Red Tails. His eyes are blue and clash with all the red. He looks like a mixture of pristine white rabbit and a predator who has just killed and has splotches of blood all over him.

Personality: Foxglove is a quiet, solemn buck. He takes his job as a Red Tail and as self-appointed leader of the Fox' Faithful faction very seriously. He shows no mercy to those who break the Rule - or even those that don't. He utterly and completely devoted to pleasing Garner and feels more connected to him and his family than his own fellow rabbits.

History: Born at Ossory, he was given the name Snow, because of his hauntingly beautiful white fur. As a kitten, he mostly kept to himself, enjoying the peace and quiet of the warren. Never a predator to fear, he felt a sense of gratitude to Garner, their benefactor, and never even considered himself to be prey. His favourite place to be was around the remnants of the tainted windows. He could spend many a day staring  in wondrous fascination as Frith's rays passed through the glass, casting a myriad of colours on the ground and on his white fur.
Deeming it only the next logical step, he tried out and succeeded in become a Red Tail. The moment he met Garner, his heart and mind were turned completely to the fox and he fanatically requested to be dyed entirely crimson. The request was not fulfilled completely but the result was effective. In that moment he cast away the name of Snow and has been known as Foxglove ever since.
A Fake Fox, some even call him, but he wore the nickname with pride as he quickly became the leader of the Fox' Faithful....
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Alderab

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2020, 01:39:49 AM »
Great character Chibiscuit, they're now their in the cast list.  So official!  I look forward to getting shenanigan-ed by them.

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2020, 02:06:22 PM »
Hope it's alright that I'm hijacking Cranberry as an upgraded NPC.

Offline PaxEmpiricae

• Saurian
  • Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2020, 03:58:36 PM »
Name: Kodiak

Physical Appearance: A muscular, yet medium sized buck. His hide is a dark brown color, with a dark shade of orange on the underneath of his body. His tail is small, a kind of funny looking stump, and his fur is short. He often times twitches his head around, as if to look out for any sign of danger. His ears are average sized, with white fur in the inside.

Personality: Cautious, nervous, always on edge. For him, every corner, every dark shadow breeds danger. Though he does know how to calm and collect himself when the situation needs be. He is friendly, but only to those he trusts.

History: Kodiak hailed from a warren whose fire had been extinguished long ago. But when he was still part of it, and the warren still standing, he prided himself as owsla, almost to the point of cockiness. He felt like he was truly contributing to the warren, becoming the hero his fellow warren-mates needed in this harsh world. That image all came tumbling down, when one day the warren's owslas were sent to raid a nearby smaller warren. There, he truly witness the horror and bloodshed, as he watched the supposed heroes of the warren commit foul actions on the invaded inhabitants. Though he did fought as ordered, the raid shook Kodiak, and destroyed the mental image he had for the owsla. He even felt guilty for the ones he had attacked, wondering if they even deserved, or even knew of their existence in the first place. When he spoke these ideas and thoughts, he was branded a traitor and a coward, and was promptly exiled. He spent his days wandering, until he found a small moving herd of hlessi, calling themselves the Tribe. Ever since then, he has been part of this hlessi herd, acting as a scout, at times an owsla, hoping to regain some of his lost honour