Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Software upgrade  (Read 707 times)

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Software upgrade
« on: January 02, 2020, 08:18:56 PM »
The board software has been updated to the latest version, 2.0.17.  This provides a few security/privacy fixes.

All users had to be logged out during the upgrade procedure.  Once you log back in, however, there should be no major noticeable changes.

Additionally (this has been around for a few weeks but never announced), it is now possible to obtain a "quick reply" box in private messages, similar to what can be found in threads.  This is disabled by default, and can be enabled in My Messages > Preferences > Change Settings.

If you experience any issues, no matter how minor they may appear, please mention it, either in this thread, in Snowdrop's Support Section, or on our Discord server.

Thanks everyone for your awesome contributions! :fiver
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: Software upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 06:25:10 AM »
There has just been another software upgrade.  The forum is now running SMF 2.0.18 (the latest version) and PHP 7.3.  This provides a few bug/security fixes and performance improvements.

Once again, all users had to be logged out during the upgrade procedure.  Once you log back in, with your current password, there should be no major changes.

If you experience any issues, no matter how minor they may appear, please mention it, either in this thread, in Snowdrop's Support Section, or on our Discord server.

Stay awesome y'all :fiver
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Re: Software upgrade
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 02:15:46 AM »
I thought all this tech stuff was fixed by a robot bunny. Another improvement that benefits the forum. It works well for me ^^    :hawkbit3
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)