Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Redwall Feature Coming to Netflix!  (Read 469 times)

Offline CockatielPony

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Redwall Feature Coming to Netflix!
« on: February 10, 2021, 05:17:48 PM »
It's been announced that Netflix is currently developing a Redwall feature film of the first book with writer Patrick McHale the creator of Over the Garden Wall. I love Redwall and Over the Garden Wall I don't know of a more perfect person to be involved with the film then Patrick McHale.

https://www.animationmagazine.net/streaming/redwall-animated-feature-series-questing-to-netflix/
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline Minesweep

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Minesweep
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Re: Redwall Feature Coming to Netflix!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 09:35:15 PM »
This sounds really cool! I've never read/watched Redwall before, but I'll definitely consider giving this a watch.
“I wonder why progress looks so much like destruction.”- John Steinbeck
"We never thought the day would come and when it did everything changed" -Unknown
"Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is a nightmare." -Takemura

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 05:47:31 PM »
I'm excited for this! It's about time the Redwall series got a proper adaptation. I hope they don't tone it down too much like they did with the cartoon series.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:49:03 PM by MeadowRabbit »
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 06:18:33 AM »
Reminder that I really need to watch Over The Garden Wall... :strawberry2

Hopefully they will feature Mossflower and other books that the previous series skipped :hannah3
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 09:14:44 PM »
I really want to read the books, but this new adaptation is appreciated. Now I wonder is it a short series? Something like 4 episodes of 50 minutes or 10 of 20 minutes or more according to Netflix standards. I imagine that the story will be cut to adapt it to a new format, narrating the important parts of the story. Since each season of the animated series consisted of 13 episodes. I imagine there will be 10. Only time will tell, for now I'm happy with the animated series ^^   :hannah
[/youtube]
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Capt. Rake Nightfur

• Eulalia!
  • Hawkbit
  • Come up here so I can hit you with my sword!
    • Show only replies by Capt. Rake Nightfur
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 07:35:37 AM »
This is actually very interesting timing, as two of my friends and I just started re-watching the series last week as a sort-of "hey do you remember this show that we watched ages ago and might still be good?" sort of thing. Neither of them had seen it for many years at this point, whereas the last time I watched it was much more recently, though still more than five years ago.

It was one of them that had brought it up, asking if I would be willing to stream my copy of the show though our discord, which I was. I sent the article along to them, and we determined that we will do much the same when this eventually releases.

I had heard mutterings of this for years, but always assumed, as I had before, that they were just people like me who liked the books and wanted some sort of adaptation. There was a whole thread on the ideal Redwall movie that I started way back on the Long Patrol Forum uhhhh...*checks notes* ...oh boy...seven years ago. It was a fairly interesting conversation; we went into style, cast, music and such. Here's the link if you want to check that out.

http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/showthread.php?6740-Ideal-Redwall-Movie

I still think of my post from 11 Feb 2015 from time to time when I am on a Redwall kick like I am now. It's where I try to place some music to my imagining of what the opening sequence might be. Strange to think that it was pretty much exactly six years ago now.

Anyway, I have to say that I am looking forward to this and hope that it will be well done.
I've missed this place.
Check out my Deviant Art page. But only if you feel like it.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 11:56:11 PM »
Very good conversations from what I see in "the long patrol". But something that strikes me is that, if, for example, the BBC in collaboration with Netflix made Watership down the 4-episode mini-series, why don't they show the animated series of 2000 in Latin America?
I say this because I expect the same with red wall with some dubbing that Spanish can see, both the remake and the cartoon series. For me it would be quite enjoyable to see her again.   :blackberry3
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)