Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Arthur  (Read 459 times)

Offline CockatielPony

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Arthur
« on: April 25, 2021, 02:29:18 AM »
Arthur.  Wow.  That show is a classic, but I only ever watched a handful of episodes.
Arthur has been on forever though sadly the episodes started going down hill probably around season 7.
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by Hammy
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Re: Arthur
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 02:40:36 AM »
The limited traditional animation is infinitely better than the uggo Flash animation.

Offline CockatielPony

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 03:11:22 AM »
True that.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 03:19:28 AM »
sadly the episodes started going down hill probably around season 7.
Most series do seem to decay after a few seasons.  Producers need to know when to stop.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by Hammy
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 03:28:30 AM »
I don't think the show is necessarily awful in its current state, Arthur that is, it's not bad for kids or anything, just stale.

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
  • Love voice acting in cartoons
    • Show only replies by Magic-Rabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 10:38:58 PM »
It's over after 25 years.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 12:49:13 AM »
Indeed, it appears that season 25 will be the last.  Not quite over just yet, though, since this last season hasn't started airing yet.

I suspect they'll probably keep airing reruns for a while after the end.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 04:13:35 PM »
It's the second longest running animated cartoon after The Simpsons and most certainly the longest cartoon released from Canada.

Still way, way better than Peppa Pig. I am ashamed that England and the UK have to be known for it.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."- Lord Frith

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 05:06:37 PM »
I think Peppa Pig has been pretty successful in other countries; I don't think it's something to feel too bad about. :D

I haven't seen Arthur in yeeears. Enjoyed it when I was able to watch it! I'd watch through older episodes again. :) Probably haven't seen much past series seven, if even that, depending on when that was airing.
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2021, 01:35:30 PM »
I'm not saying Peppa Pig was successful internationally, it's just that it has nothing to offer when it comes to education value, at least Arthur offered something even in it's later seasons but Peppa Pig has been running for 17 years with the worst animation on British TV with John Sparkes who narrates all the episodes every 2 seconds after people have obviously seen the exact same thing that has happed on screen right after they've done it.
 :angry :frustrated

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2021, 01:46:14 AM »
I never watched Peppa Pig, but I once had a friend once say about it, "I feel dumber every time I watch it" : :katerina But the kids loved it, so the brain decay was massive :gluck

Despite all this, the series has been renewed through to 2027 :flax

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2021, 08:19:36 AM »
When I found that out, I was extremely annoyed.

There is a show called Guess How Much I Love You from Australia that is miles better in terms of both animation and voice acting. Also the theme tune doesn't make you want to put your fist though the TV every time it comes on.

I'm sure that there are people who put Peppa Pig on for the children 24 hours a day sometimes. Out of all the cartoons that have existed and Peppa Pig has to continue with it's existence.

My Dad defends the show by calling the ugly art style simple for kids to understand and the narration being there every 2 seconds to make it easier for the kids to understand but both those claims are dead wrong and Peppa Pig just insults the audience watching.

At least Arthur did teach kids things though it's episodes at times but Peppa Pig only teaches kids how terrible animation can get with a main character that is insufferable as well as her Little Brother who is like torture when he cries.

Now there is going to be a multiplatform game called "My Friend Peppa Pig" so people can look at "worse than a child's drawing" in HD 4K.

Offline CockatielPony

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2021, 02:05:51 AM »
When I found that out, I was extremely annoyed.

There is a show called Guess How Much I Love You from Australia that is miles better in terms of both animation and voice acting. Also the theme tune doesn't make you want to put your fist though the TV every time it comes on.

Guess how much I love you is so cute. We've put it on a few times for my nephew. As a 2 1/2 year old he likes scooby doo, blues clues, spot the dog (where's spot cartoon), Bob the builder, bluey (I like bluey more then him), and He-man (he more likes the toys then the show).

Peppa pig is just an easy to make fun of.
I sometimes see articles talking about a new kids show and comparing it to Peppa Pig, but really I'm not sure if you can sink lower then that.

Offline Magic-Rabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2021, 02:28:58 AM »
Shame the UK has to claim it as the longest running animation.

Who looked at it and felt that it deserved to run until 2027? Another 6 years of animation that makes the arts go backwards