Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Winter on Watership Down  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Vesper

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Winter on Watership Down
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »
:silverweed Oh, :D One of my favorite Episodes as well, I thought if kinda thrilling in some parts, and exemplary in others. :D

It kinda reminded me of the episode.

I find their scarves to be very adorable. :D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 05:05:58 PM by Vesper »

Offline Toteq

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Toteq
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The miniseries
  • I speak:
Re: Winter on Watership Down
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2022, 04:33:57 PM »
My opinion of this episode is much different than yours. I don't like it and for me it's one of the worst episodes of all series.

I really don't like Christmas movies, episodes etc. especially when it totally didn't match to the topic. And that episode is exacly this.

Besides it ordinary, average filler but unnecesariily stretched into two episodes. Such wasted potential to show winter among rabbits.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 04:36:11 PM by Toteq »

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2022, 04:09:21 AM »
That would explain why you've been hurting it nearly every post :cowslip

While I enjoyed the episode, I agree about some things you say, you make some valid points :silverweed3 It is a filler episode, it does not move the main plot forward, the events are never mentioned again :bluebell It does not introduce any important characters (Buttercup and her warren never appear again, wasted potential :buttercup2), at least Bark and Tassel (introduced in other filler episodes) make brief appearances in season 3 :bark.

I also agree about the wasted potential, and not just because of Buttercup and gang :goat Winter lasts several months, but we only get to see a day or two, then they skip straight ahead to spring :speaker-of-the-past Winter in Efrafa could have also been interesting, it probably would have been very different from Winter on WD :blackavar
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Toteq

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Toteq
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The miniseries
  • I speak:
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2022, 05:47:29 AM »
That would explain why you've been hurting it nearly every post :cowslip

Thats why I wrote this. I felt a duty to explain why I have hurting that episode and propably I will hurting it as long as black rabbit of Inle takes it with him :inle-series

I totally agree with you about the winter in Efrafa and how long is winter. We could get something new and interesting instead of only Christmas episodes.