Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Vervain  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Vervain
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 05:09:47 PM »
Quote from: Darkling Nocturnal on Apr 10 2014, 12:07:32 AM
Quote from: Keith on Apr 9 2014, 09:21:33 PM
...but Vervain sure didn't make it easy for Woundwort to listen. Another amusing side to Vervain.
"Sceppa Leppa Diligous!!!"  :D
LOL that episode "The Big Game" is one of my favorites, gives a great lesson to Varvein.
The general Wounword requires intelligent malicious rabbits as Varvein to have control over all rabbits.
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Vervain
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »
Quote from: ConejoonApr 26 2014, 01:09:47 PM
Quote from: Darkling Nocturnal on Apr 10 2014, 12:07:32 AM
Quote from: Keith on Apr 9 2014, 09:21:33 PM
...but Vervain sure didn't make it easy for Woundwort to listen. Another amusing side to Vervain.
"Sceppa Leppa Diligous!!!"  :D
LOL that episode "The Big Game" is one of my favorites, gives a great lesson to Varvein.
The general Wounword requires intelligent malicious rabbits as Varvein to have control over all rabbits.
And it's based directly on an story of El-ahrairah   :fiver

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline CanzetYote

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by CanzetYote
    • View Profile
Vervain
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 10:40:36 PM »
Vervain is pretty much a Jerkass Woobie in my eyes. Yes, he's a cowardly scumbag but at the same time, I really pity the poor guy.  I have a very love-hate opinion of him and am torn if he's one of my favorite or least favorite characters.

Offline Nesuki

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Nesuki
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart Gallery
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • I speak:
Re: Vervain
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2021, 10:04:09 AM »
A few days ago @Leo-rah and I had a discussion about Vervain as he appeared in the old cartoon series.
It started with "Damn this character is just created to be disliked!"

And then... we talked about him and his intentions, why he might be that insanely loyal to Woundwort and we created a whole (headcanon) background-story about him :D
We will share it soon in another post. If a character, no matter how annoying and "evil" he might be, gets a decent backgroundstory.... people have it a lot easier to empathize with it.

Also I am rewatching the 1999 series again rn (after like... 15 years? I just finished Season 3 Episode 8 "Darkhaven") and I noticed a few things about Vervain.
He appeared VERY loyal to Woundwort in the beginning and was always trying to please.
He left Woundwort when Efrafa was destroyed and he was sure about the generals death.
He felt pity and tried to convince Woundwort to help the Redstone rabbits when their warren was invaded by humans.
It is obvious that he is very uncomfortable to be around Woundwort - yet he has no other place to go.

So after all I am very sure there is more behind Vervains fassade... if you just dig a little deeper 
"I bet you thought this would be a classical >hero defeats the villain<-story, didn't you? But I fear I have to disappoint you here." / Kurai to Campion

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Re: Vervain
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 05:29:40 PM »
Oh yeah, he is certainly one of the more interesting characters in the series. Weaselly!, cunning, suspicious, loyal and so on... I didn't like him when I first watched the series and since then he has grown on me. I mean, he's still a sneaky bugger, but he is an intriguing kind of character, all in all.
Here lies a signature that has little point.